Here we are again, at the start of another school year. Back to alarm clocks, school lunches, and homework.
Are you ready? I know I’m not.
We’ve had a great summer, and I’m just not ready to let it go. But all good things must come to an end, so I’m tryyyying to get some plans in place for making healthy breakfasts and dinners on those busy school days.
(Pin my list of 50+ healthy dinner recipes ready in 30 minutes or less for quick reference throughout the fall semester!)
Today, I’m planning breakfasts – 20 breakfasts, in fact. That’s a different healthy breakfast for every school day of the month!
Update: This post now has over 35 breakfast ideas – enough to cover you for several weeks of school!
All of these are healthy and will add only 5 minutes to your morning routine. I’ve divided them into categories based on whether they should be made in the morning vs. ahead of time, whether they can be taken on the go, etc.
So, enough gabbing – here we go!
Healthy Breakfasts Ready in 5 Minutes
- Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Parfaits
- DIY Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Orange Pineapple Smoothie (Dairy Free)
- Immune Boosting Elderberry Smoothie (Dairy Free)
- Tropical Kale Smoothie (Dairy Free)
- Beet Berry Smoothie (Dairy Free)
- The Very Best Protein Pancakes (made in the blender)
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- The Best Scrambled Eggs
Note from Tiff: My eBook “High Protein, No Powder” has 20 smoothie recipes that are super high in protein without any processed powders in sight. As a bonus, every recipe includes a dairy-free option as well! Read more about it HERE.
Healthy Breakfasts You Can Prep the Night Before
- Whole Wheat Apple Ring Pancakes
- Fluffy Strawberry Pancakes
- Single Serve Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal (Gluten free, bake ahead and give it a quick heat in the morning)
- Blueberry Almond Baked Oatmeal (Gluten free, bake ahead and give it a quick heat in the morning, plus more baked oatmeal ideas)
- Breakfast Tacos with Sausage, Potatoes, and Peppers (These take some time to prepare, but can be individually wrapped for a quick, ready-to-eat breakfast)
- Use Homemade Bisquick in lieu of store-bought and make your favorite boxed recipes from scratch
- Perfect Overnight Steel Cut Oats
- Overnight Kefir Coffeecake
Tip: Plan breakfast tacos the same week you’re making tacos for dinner. Then you can make a double batch of homemade tortillas without double the mess!
Bake Ahead & Freeze Breakfasts
- Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies (Pictured above, Gluten free, Dairy free)
- Peanut Butter Chia Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Gluten free)
- Zucchini Walnut Streusel Muffins
- Whole Wheat Apple Walnut Bread (wrap slices individually for quick defrosting)
- Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread (wrap slices individually for quick defrosting)
- Molasses Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Donuts
- Banana Nut Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Mini Chocolate Chip Scones
- Einkorn English Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Bread Muffins (super quick and easy!)
- Leftover Oatmeal Cakes
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
Note from Tiff: Zucchini Muffins with Apples and Carrots and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are great too, and did you know you can freeze raw muffin batter? Yes you can! Perfect when you’re making muffins, but short on baking time!
Portable Breakfasts for Eating on the Go
- Drinkable Yogurt in the Crock Pot
- Strawberry Chocolate Granola Clusters
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola (Gluten free)
- Cranberry Orange Granola
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola Parfait
- Pumpkin Larabar Bites
- No-bake Sweet Salty Energy Bites
- No-bake Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Need some lunch ideas too? Try this FREE two week school lunch menu!