Here we are again, at the start of another school year. Back to starting your day with alarm clocks, school lunches, and homework.
Are you ready? I know I’m not.
We’ve had a great summer, and I’m just not ready to let it go. But all good things must come to an end, so I’m trying to get some plans in place for making healthy breakfast recipes and dinners on those busy school days.
Today, I’m planning my favorite healthy breakfasts – 20+ quick breakfast options, in fact. That’s a different balanced breakfast for every school day of the month!
All of these are healthy and will add only 5 minutes to your morning routine.
So, enough gabbing – here we go!
What should I eat for breakfast fast?
These healthy breakfasts can be made in the morning. They are quick and easy when your time is short.
- DIY Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- The Best Green Smoothie
- The Very Best Protein Pancakes (made in the blender)
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- The Best Scrambled Eggs
Note: My eBook “High Protein, No Powder” has 20 smoothie recipes that are super high in protein without any processed powders in sight. As a bonus, every recipe includes a dairy-free option (almond milk & more) as well! Read more about it HERE. These are perfect breakfast smoothies!
What healthy options can I eat for breakfast instead of eggs?
These healthy breakfasts can be made ahead of time – even the night before! They will be ready with just a quick warm-up.
- Overnight Soaked Whole Grain Pancakes
- Fluffy Strawberry Pancakes
- Toasted Coconut and Banana Sourdough Pancakes
- Sourdough Pancakes
- Single Serve Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal (Gluten-free, bake ahead and give it a quick heat in the morning, plus more baked oatmeal ideas)
- Perfect Overnight Steel Cut Oats
Skip the store-bought and make your own cinnamon rolls and coffee cake!
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- Overnight Kefir Coffee Cake
- Use Homemade Bisquick in lieu of store-bought and make your favorite boxed recipes from scratch
Bake Ahead & Freeze Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Perfect for making breakfasts ahead in batches, these breakfasts are quick and easy to pull from the freezer for individual breakfasts. Mix and match your batches so you’ll always have a variety of easy breakfasts on hand.
- Banana Nut Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 5-Ingredient Banana Bread Muffins
- Zucchini Muffins with Apples and Carrots
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Spiced Carrot Bread (wrap slices or muffins individually for quick defrosting)
- Einkorn English Muffins
Cookies and Donuts
Pancakes and Waffles
- Leftover Oatmeal Cakes
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Easy Paleo Almond Flour Pancakes
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Blender Waffles
- Double Chocolate Blender Waffles
Note: Did you know you can freeze raw muffin batter? Yes, you can! Perfect when you’re making muffins, but short on baking time!
What are some ideas for healthy to eat for breakfast on the go?
When you eat breakfast on the go, take a few things into consideration before choosing your meals. Ask yourself a few questions, like:
- Do you need utensils?
- Will you have a place to store the empty container?
- Do you need throw-away packaging?
- Do you need something that doesn’t make crumbs?
- Will the meal need a cooler?
Your answers will decide the types of meals you pack, but don’t worry! We have plenty of ideas regardless of your travel situation.
No Utensils Needed
- Pumpkin Larabar Bites
- No-bake Sweet Salty Energy Bites
- No-bake Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Won’t Make a Mess
No Cooler Necessary
Need some lunch ideas too?
- Healthy School Lunch Meal Plan
- The Best School Lunch Boxes on a Budget
- 18 Hacks for Packing a School Lunch
- Five School Lunches in Less than an Hour