Busy school mornings mean healthy breakfast ideas. Here is an awesome list of 20 fast breakfast options for school, ready in less than 5 minutes and bursting with flavor! Options like blueberry baked oatmeal and easy-to-make smoothies.
Here we are again, at the start of another school year. Start your day with alarm clocks, school lunches, and homework.
Are you ready? I know I’m not.
We’ve had a great summer, and I’m just not ready to let it go. But all good things must come to an end, so I’m trying to get some plans in place for making healthy breakfast recipes and dinners on those busy school days.
Today, I’m planning my favorite healthy breakfasts or brunch – 20+ quick breakfast options, in fact. That’s a different balanced breakfast for every school day of the month!
All of these are healthy and will add only 5 minutes to your morning routine. I can already smell and taste the savory homemade sausage and the best-scrambled eggs!
So, enough gabbing – here we go!
What should I eat for breakfast fast?
These best healthy breakfast meals can be made in the morning. They are quick and easy when your time is short.
- DIY Instant Oatmeal Packets
- The Best Tex Mex Migas
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- The Best Scrambled Eggs
Note: My eBook “High Protein, No Powder” has 20 smoothie recipes that are super high in protein without any processed powders in sight. As a bonus, every recipe includes a dairy-free option (almond milk & more)! Read more about it HERE. These are perfect breakfast smoothies!
What healthy options can I eat for breakfast instead of eggs?
These morning breakfast ideas can be made ahead of time – even the night before! They will be ready with just a quick warm-up.
- Overnight Soaked Whole Grain Pancakes
- Fluffy Strawberry Pancakes
- Toasted Coconut and Banana Sourdough Pancakes
- Sourdough Pancakes
- The Very Best Protein Pancakes (made in the blender)
- Single Serve Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal (Gluten-free, bake ahead and give it a quick heat in the morning, plus more baked oatmeal ideas)
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Perfect Overnight Steel Cut Oats
Skip the store-bought and make your own cinnamon rolls and coffee cake!
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- Overnight Kefir Coffee Cake
- Use Homemade Bisquick in lieu of store-bought and make your favorite boxed recipes from scratch
- Overnight Einkorn Coffee Cake
Bake Ahead & Freeze Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Perfect for making a healthy breakfast menu ahead in batches, these easy breakfast ideas are quick and easy to pull from the freezer for individual breakfasts. Mix and match your batches so you’ll always have a variety of easy breakfasts on hand.
- Banana Nut Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 5-Ingredient Banana Bread Muffins
- Zucchini Muffins with Apples and Carrots
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Spiced Carrot Bread (wrap slices or muffins individually for quick defrosting)
- Einkorn English Muffins
Cookies and Donuts
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Scones (for a vegan breakfast)
- Mini Chocolate Chip Scones
- Cranberry Orange Scones
Pancakes and Waffles
- Leftover Oatmeal Cakes
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Easy Paleo Almond Flour Pancakes
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Blender Waffles
- Double Chocolate Blender Waffles
Note: Did you know you can freeze raw muffin batter? Yes, you can! Perfect when you’re making muffins, but short on baking time!
Questions About Healthy Breakfast Ideas
All of the recipes that are listed are healthy and nutritious! You can pick and choose whichever you like!
Good protein breakfasts include eggs, Greek yogurt, nut butter, black beans, lean breakfast sausages, bacon, or ham.
Ideas for Healthy Breakfasts for On The Go
When you eat breakfast on the go, take a few things into consideration before choosing your meals. Ask yourself a few questions, like:
- Do you need utensils?
- Will you have a place to store the empty container?
- Do you need throw-away packaging?
- Do you need something that doesn’t make crumbs?
- Will the meal need a cooler?
Your answers will decide the types of meals you pack, but don’t worry! We have plenty of ideas regardless of your travel situation.
No Utensils Needed
- Pumpkin Larabar Bites
- No-bake Sweet Salty Energy Bites
- No-bake Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Won’t Make a Mess
No Cooler Necessary
Some Lunch Ideas
- Healthy School Lunch Meal Plan
- The Best School Lunch Boxes on a Budget
- 18 Hacks for Packing a School Lunch
- Five School Lunches in Less than an Hour
Hi. Why can you not grind up the orange rind too? Clean it, sure, but why waste the peel? Just curious why few use it in smoothies. My Blendtec grinds it up and I do it all the time….
It’s not that you can’t Kathleen, but in my experience, citrus peels leave a bitter taste in smoothies. The pith in particular isn’t very tasty, so I prefer to zest the citrus, put the insides in the blender and discard the pith. You could compost it though!
My two favorites are baked oatmeal and frittata. Both last for a few days in the fridge. Apple pie, carrot cake and pumpkin are my favorite oatmeal flavors. My frittatas usually include whatever vegetables and greens I have on hand as well as ham or sausage.
For some reason, I missed this comment until today, Sandy. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!
Great to hear, Amy & Tiffany – I hope you guys love them! 🙂