This homemade peppermint mocha latte recipe is delicious, super easy to make, and much healthier (and cheaper) than Starbucks! This recipe calls for real food ingredients mixed with your favorite cup of coffee. You can even turn it into an iced latte! Enjoy your latte with breakfast or with some festive sugar cookies.
From the start of the season through Thanksgiving, I fully embrace and adore the pumpkin spice latte. No other flavor gets any love when the PSL is available.
And then turkey coma kicks in, the clock strikes twelve and madness ensues at Walmart. That’s my cue to switch to peppermint mocha. And leave Walmart.
I’m not a huge fan of candy canes by themselves, but stick them in a cup of cocoa and it’s love! Honestly, can there be a better way to start the day than candy canes and cocoa in your coffee?
I think not.
Homemade Peppermint Mocha Latte
This peppermint mocha latte recipe is the perfect quick treat to enjoy on a cold day. I love that it is:
- Versatile. It can be made to taste with completely real food ingredients.
- Healthy. This homemade version is quite a bit healthier than the Starbucks favorite.
- Easy to make!
- Quick. I like my warm cup of coffee in the morning as soon as I wake up. This recipe is perfect for a fast cup of coffee – much quicker than waiting in line at a coffee shop.
Peppermint Mocha Latte Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this fantastic coffee recipe at home.
- Peppermint. This can be crushed peppermint candies or peppermint extract.
- Vanilla. You can use vanilla extract (here’s how to make it homemade) or liquid vanilla stevia.
- Cocoa Powder. Dutch-process cocoa powder is my favorite but any rich chocolate will do.
- Coffee. Any home-brewed strong coffee will work.
- Cream or hot milk. Whichever you prefer!
You can also add maple syrup as a natural sweetener. This recipe is very versatile!
How to Make Peppermint Mocha Latte
A Peppermint Mocha Latte can be made in 3 easy steps.
- Brew coffee.
- Add peppermint, vanilla, cocoa powder, and cream.
- Stir to enjoy.
Now I know this isn’t a true latte with the frothed milk, shots of espresso, peppermint syrup and whipped cream. BUT you can enjoy this in your jammies at home without ever waiting in line. I think it’ll do for a sweet winter treat.
Can I make this latte frothy?
Yes! If you have a milk frother (like this one), you can heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, froth the milk, and then add to your coffee. It’s delicious!
Or if you don’t have a milk frother, you can add your ingredients to a mason jar and shake well. Be sure to use a towel when holding the mason jar. It can get hot!
Can I make an iced peppermint mocha latte?
Yes! Add all ingredients plus ice to a mason jar and shake well. This works best if your coffee is already cold.
This recipe works really well as hot chocolate too. Omit the coffee and add the other ingredients to your favorite hot chocolate recipe.
Need to make this dairy-free? Check out this huge list of dairy-free milk you can make at home in the comfort of your jammies too!
More favorite holiday coffee drinks
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Salted Caramel Latte
- Gingerbread Latte
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider
- Homemade Instant Hot Cocoa
Homemade Peppermint Mocha Latte
This homemade peppermint mocha latte recipe is delicious, super easy to make, and much healthier (and cheaper) than Starbucks! This recipe calls for real food ingredients mixed with your favorite cup of coffee. You can even turn it into an iced latte!
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Method: combine
- Cuisine: American
- 8–10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 2 Tbsp cream OR 1/2 cup hot milk
- To make a latte, combine ingredients in a mug. Stir well. Enjoy!
Keywords: homemade peppermint mocha latte