This homemade pumpkin spice apple cider recipe uses canned or homemade pumpkin puree, apple cider, and fall spices (like pumpkin pie spice) to make a delicious drink in just 10 minutes!
Pop quiz – Name the two most popular ingredients for fall recipes. So easy, right? Pumpkin (duh) and apple.
I usually go for the pumpkin flavors as soon as the cooler fall weather hits. But until then, apple is the go-to for delicious fall treats! Homemade apple butter, slab apple pie, and apple crumble ice cream are perfection in my book!
But this year, fall seems to be elusive, and pumpkin-everything needs to show up before it’s peppermint season. So I’m doubling up on favorite fall flavors to make up for lost time, starting with this pumpkin spice apple cider!
10 Minute Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider
In addition to the unique combination of seasonal flavors in this recipe, I love that this Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider only takes 10 minutes to make! And it makes the house smell amazing!
As a bonus, this drink is super healthy! Made almost entirely of fruits and vegetables, it packs a whopping 300% of your daily vitamin A (beta carotene) needs and even a few grams of fiber. How many sweet treats can say that?
Not many, which means this one goes on the shortlist of dessert recipes that get a pass on my no dessert on weeknights rule.
Homemade Hot Apple Cider Ingredients
You just need a handful of ingredients you probably already have on hand. Give them a quick stir, heat until steamy, and voila! Hot apple cider with a pumpkin spice twist!
- Pumpkin puree. You can easily use canned pumpkin for this recipe. Or you can use homemade pumpkin puree. Use this tutorial to make it at home!
- Apple Juice. Regular apple juice works great in this recipe. You can use store-bought apple cider from Walmart if that’s what you have on hand.
- Orange Juice. You only need a touch of OJ for this recipe. The tang of the citrus will bring meld the flavors just right.
- Maple Syrup. This is your sweetener instead of brown sugar. If your family is used to less sweet, start with half the maple syrup. Add more as needed.
- Spices. Use pumpkin pie spice + a little bit extra cinnamon. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice in your cabinet, use this recipe to make your own!
- Apple. Adding a diced apple adds a unique depth of flavor and is fun for the kids! It’s like having marshmallows in chocolate. Fun and tasty!
- Garnishes. You don’t have to use the garnishes, but if this is for a special event, I highly recommend cinnamon sticks, cloves, orange slices, and maybe even whipped cream!
Mulled Cider Variations
Mulled cider is basically spiced hot apple cider. You may be a traditionalist with a specific recipe in mind, but I like the pumpkin spice version best! Here are some other ways to make it your own.
- For a stronger flavored cider, add the optional garnishes during heating and/or increase the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- To make ahead, store the mixture in the fridge, then give it a quick reheat on the stove and whisk well before garnishing and serving.
- Use one of these nifty mixers to stir. It blends everything better than a spoon.
- Add sparkling water to make a spritzer!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider
Another option is to make your pumpkin spice apple cider in the slow cooker. This works well for a party! Feel free to double if you have a large crowd.
- Place all ingredients (except for toppings) in the slow cooker. (I have this one.)
- Heat on high at least one hour before your party begins. Once steamy, turn to warm.
- Set your garnishes out to the side so your guests can help themselves!
More holiday drinks:
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- Homemade Peppermint Mocha
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- DIY Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Homemade Eggnog
- Homemade Gingerbread Latte
10 Minute Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider
This homemade pumpkin spice apple cider recipe uses fresh pumpkin puree, apple cider, and fall spices to make a delicious drink in just 10 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (I use canned)
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 Tbsp orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large apple, chopped into large chunks
- Optional garnishes: additional apple chunks, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, orange slices, apple pie spice
- Place all ingredients except apple chunks into a cooking pot and whisk well.
- Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to steam.
- While the mixture is heating, prepare any additional garnishes.
- Serve hot.
Over time some of the pumpkin will settle to the bottom – just be sure to give it a good stir before serving.
Keywords: pumpkin spice apple cider
Add a cup or two of bourbon at the end to give it an adult kick!
literally just made this recipe out of impulse and that slapped. would make again
Kyare - Team Crumbs
So happy to hear that, Merlin!
It says apple juice in the list of ingredients and apple cider in the title. Is there a typo? Or do we indeed use apple juice?
Yes, this is a quick version of homemade apple cider, so the base of the recipe is apple juice, with additional fruit and spices to enhance the flavor. Hope that helps!
Maria @ kitchenathoskins
Such a fitting drink for this time of the year! Gonna try this soon
Thanks, Maria – hope you enjoy it!