Enjoy a healthy pumpkin smoothie recipe that is vegan & paleo, with the option to make it green by adding spinach. This protein-packed smoothie is great for health & weight loss! Add collagen for extra nutrition and protein.
I’m a HUGE smoothie fan. I have one every day for breakfast. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
And considering I wrote a book about smoothies, I like to think I know a thing or two about making them!
Every smoothie I make must be healthy AND delicious because, no matter how healthy kale is for you, if a smoothie tastes like dirt, I’m not going to drink it.
My favorite pumpkin smoothie doesn’t taste like dirt though – in fact, it tastes just like pumpkin pie!
Whether you call this a pumpkin smoothie or a pumpkin pie smoothie is up to you. But I can tell you this, aside from TASTING like pumpkin pie, this smoothie is:
- Super creamy.
- PACKED with pumpkin flavor.
- Make-ahead. You can make this ahead of time by using my frozen smoothie packet method.
- Kid-friendly. My kids argued over who could finish the test batch!
- Veggie friendly. Easily add spinach if you like your morning greens.
This smoothie is also the PERFECT way to use up those last bits of canned or homemade pumpkin puree. Ever make a recipe that uses a cup of pumpkin (like my healthy pumpkin cake, pumpkin donuts, or pumpkin chocolate chip muffins)?
You open the can, use what you need and then you’re left wondering what to make with the rest?
Make this smoothie. BOOM! Problem solved.
Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
You don’t need much to make an awesome pumpkin smoothie – one that tastes like pumpkin pie!
- Milk. Any kind will do.
- Banana. If you use a frozen banana, it tastes like a pumpkin pie MILKSHAKE!
- Rolled Oats. This is my secret ingredient to making any smoothie taste like a baked good. Trust me!
- Pumpkin Puree. Homemade or canned work well.
- Maple Syrup. You don’t need much, but a little bit really helps make this a treat.
- Cinnamon. You can use pumpkin pie spice if you want, but I’ve found that plain cinnamon does the trick.
- Spinach (optional). For a veggie boost!
Want a green pumpkin smoothie?
Add as much spinach as your taste buds can handle. If you’re a beginner, I recommend starting with one cup. I’ve worked my way up to 4 cups, but remember, I’ve been drinking them DAILY for YEARS!
What is pumpkin puree?
Pumpkin puree is made from baking a sugar pumpkin (also called a pie pumpkin). Once the pumpkin is baked, the flesh from the inside is pureed. You can use either canned pumpkin puree or homemade for this recipe. Here’s how to make homemade pumpkin puree.
What is pumpkin spice made of?
Pumpkin spice usually consists of a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and clove. Here’s how I make my own homemade pumpkin spice blend. You’ll notice that this recipe doesn’t call for pumpkin spice though, just cinnamon. You can use pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon if you’d like the other fall flavors in your smoothie, but I find that cinnamon works perfectly in this recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Making a pumpkin pie smoothie is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Add the ingredients to the blender, in the order listed.
- Blend on high for about one minute.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Does it matter what type of blender you have?
Nope! I have a high powered blender that I absolutely love, but you can get a creamy smoothie with a lower end blender too. You might have to blend it a few times, but it will work!
How can I get a more “milkshake” flavor?
Using frozen banana and frozen pumpkin puree will make a pumpkin smoothie that tastes like a milkshake. To freeze a banana, use the flash freezing method I describe in this post on how to freeze strawberries.
To freeze pumpkin puree, use the ice cube tray method I describe in this post on how to freeze herbs.
How can I boost the protein in this pumpkin smoothie?
My favorite way to add protein without effecting the flavor is to add one scoop of grass-fed collagen. I did a side-by-side test of two popular brands of collagen and one brand made my hair stronger, my nails longer and my skin healthier. The other brand… well, it didn’t do anything. If you want to read my comparison, check out this article. If you trust me and just want the collagen I recommend, shop through this link and use coupon code CRUMBS10 to save 10%!
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Cheesecake Blueberry Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- Detox Smoothie with Redmond Clay
- Eggnog Smoothie
- Gingerbread Smoothie
Easy Pumpkin Smoothie
Enjoy a healthy pumpkin smoothie recipe that is vegan & paleo, with the option to make it green by adding spinach. This protein-packed smoothie is great for health & weight loss!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1–2 cups spinach (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to your blender, in the order listed, and blend until smooth and creamy. Depending on your blender, this might take 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
*Optional: You can add a scoop of collagen powder for extra protein. I recommend Perfect Supplements Collagen.
Keywords: pumpkin smoothie