Jazz up your morning breakfast with this delicious and easy spiced carrots bread. It’s freezer friendly and made with all natural ingredients. It’s sure to become a family favorite!
This spiced carrots bread is easy to make and filled with healthy ingredients, like carrots and walnuts!
Plus, carrots bread is perfect for breakfast! Serve warm with some butter for a delicious and wholesome breakfast treat. The taste-test results were unanimous – empty plates and a “can I get more?” from the whole family!
Besides the fact that it’s the best carrots bread I’ve ever tasted, it’s also:
- Healthy. Packed with nutritious carrots, raisins, nuts, yogurt, and spices, breakfast doesn’t get any better than this!
- Naturally and lightly sweetened. Without refined sugar, this recipe allows for your family to enjoy the natural sweetness of wholesome real food ingredients..
- Convenient. Plan to double or triple the recipe so you’ll always have a healthy snack or breakfast ready to go right from your freezer.
This spiced carrots bread is so delicious! Even picky eaters love it! A great way to incorporate veggies into breakfast.
Here’s What You Need
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Greek yogurt
- Whole wheat flour
- Vanilla (here’s how to make it homemade)
- Baking powder & baking soda
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
Notes on Ingredients
- Some people like to dust the top of the carrot bread with powdered sugar. Of course, there is no refined sugar in this recipe, but here’s how to make homemade powdered sugar.
Step 1. Preheat the oven.
Step 2. Prepare baking cups or loaf pans.
Step 3. In a large bowl, combine the raisins, walnuts, and 1 Tbsp flour.
Step 4. Add dry ingredients in a separate large mixing bowl.
Step 5. Combine the wet ingredients. Whisk well.
Step 6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Step 7. Scoop 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup or pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Step 8. Bake 15-18 minutes (mine took exactly 16 minutes) for muffins, and 30 minutes for mini loaves (but 1 hour for an 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan). See below for more info on cook times & yield, since mini loaf sizes vary.
You can easily make carrot bread and muffins. Just follow the recipe the same way for both versions.
- For muffins, you will scoop ¼ cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For loaves, pour the batter into your pan(s) – dividing evenly if you’ve used more than one – and bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. This is about 1 hour for an 8.5″ x 4.5″ loaf pan and about 30 minutes for mini-loaves, depending on mini-loaf size. Since every oven is different, check often to ensure the bread isn’t over-baked! Set on a wire rack to cool completely.
Does carrot bread need to be refrigerated?
You can store carrot bread at room temperature, in a container or zippered bag for up to a week. You can freeze your bread also! Check out my ultimate guide to freezing bread.
How many calories are in carrot bread?
In this spiced carrot bread recipe there are 92 calories
Should I use regular yogurt or Greek yogurt for this carrot bread recipe?
I prefer to use Greek yogurt in this carrot bread recipe because it gives a better rise than regular yogurt.
Can I substitute brown sugar for maple syrup in carrot breakfast bread?
I prefer to use a natural sweetener like maple syrup rather than granulated sugar or brown sugar. Of course, if you cannot use maple syrup, you can sub in brown sugar. About 1 cup for the ½ cup of maple syrup.
- A plate of the best scrambled eggs would go great with a slice of carrots bread.
- Delicious homemade Instant Pot oatmeal would also pair nicely.
More Breakfast Bread Recipes
- 5-Ingredient Banana Bread Muffins
- Molasses Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Muffins
- Banana Nut Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Zucchini Muffins with Apples and Carrots
Freezer Cooking: BreakfastsSign up to get instant access to my Freezer Cooking: Breakfasts Plan, complete with recipes, supply list, and shopping list!
Watch How to Make Spiced Carrot Bread
Spiced Carrot Bread
A simple recipe for breakfast spiced carrot bread made with real food ingredients like carrots, walnuts, and raisins – naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
Make a double batch and freeze some for later too!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 16 minutes – 1 hour
- Total Time: 26 minutes – 1 hour & 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 (9 x 5) loaves or 24 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- ¾ c walnuts, chopped (measure first, then chop)
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 cups shredded carrots (you can use a food processor for grated carrots)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla (here’s how to make it homemade)
- 1 ¾ c + 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp + ⅛ tsp nutmeg
Preheat oven to 425F. Prepare baking cups (for muffins) or loaf pans with cooking spray. See notes below for info on mini loaves and muffins.
In a large bowl, combine the 1/2 cup raisins, 3/4 cup walnuts, and 1 Tbsp flour. Mix well so the raisins don’t clump together. Add the rest of the flour (1 3/4 cup), 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp nutmeg and stir together well. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the 2 cups shredded carrots, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/3 cup coconut oil, 2 eggs, 1 cup Greek yogurt, and 1 tsp vanilla. Whisk until the wet ingredients are combined well.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Scoop ¼ cup batter into each muffin cup or pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake 15-18 min (mine took exactly 16 min) until the center comes out clean on an inserted toothpick. If using a loaf pan, extend cooking time to 30 minutes.
Bake this recipe 3 ways! Your choice:
- 9 x 5 loaf pans (1 hour bake time)
- Mini loaf pans (30 mins, *bake times & yield will vary depending on sizes of mini loaves)
- Muffins (16 mins)
Ovens vary, so be sure to monitor to avoid over-baking. Especially since mini-loaf sizes vary.
- Calories: 92
Keywords: carrots bread
I’m a little confused about the baking time for loaves…the text above the recipe card indicates 30 minutes in Step 8 but in another area it’s stated that mini-loaves bake for 30 minutes and regular loaves for 1 hour. The recipe card indicates a yield of 2 loaves and cooking time of 30 minutes. The comment above indicates 1 hour for regular loaves. Can you clarify?
SJ - Team Crumbs
Hi Carole, It’s 1 hour for a 9x 5 loaf pan, but 30 mins for a mini loaf. And 16 mins for a tray of muffins. Thanks for catching our mistake!
Karen Roe Aldrich
I’d like to add pineapple to this recipe? Any suggestions?
Kyare - Team Crumbs
Use dried pineapple or the pineapple juice.
I have made this recipe and it’s soooo good! I am going to make it again but replace raisins with dates!
Kyare - Team Crumbs
I bet the dates will be great, Teresa!