Fall is officially here.
Well, at least Labor Day has past, school is in full session, apple orchards are beginning to open up their doors and local apples are showing up at farmer’s markets. So in my mind, it is fall.
And I LOVE this season!
I love breaking out the sweaters and boots and placing huge Mum plants out on my porch. I love smelling cinnamon and nutmeg and simmering soups wafting from my kitchen. Fall is simply my favorite time of year.
And to celebrate this most amazing time of the year, I am sharing with you my Apple Pie Overnight Oats. Brace yourselves, this is AMAZING!
Take your favorite apple pie flavors and turn them into oatmeal with less than 5 minute prep. Yep, pretty awesome.
All the flavors you love in apple pie in an easy, healthy, hearty oatmeal form.
Not to mention this particular recipe is fortified with fiber, calcium, fruit, and is gluten-free. It is healthy, easy, and delicious – a busy person’s dream come true!
Oatmeal is just about my favorite breakfast. I love to mix and match all varieties. I adore Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal and love to welcome cold winter mornings with Hot Cocoa Oatmeal. My family starts each weekday morning with a variety of oatmeal to give us a healthy, filling start to our days. Even on the weekends we find ourselves eating oatmeal with my Oatmeal Blender Pancakes.
But I must say, I am new to this overnight oats trend that has been taking off the past year.
I am not sure what took me so long to join the bandwagon – refrigerator oatmeal is made in mason jars, stored in mason jars and served in mason jars. Hello, less dishes!!
They make a perfect breakfast for late mornings that the kids may have to eat on the go (just grab a mason jar and spoon) and there is no waiting for the oatmeal to cool down. Really, why did I wait so long to try this out?!
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
My first creation with overnight oats was vegan peanut butter banana pudding oatmeal. CRAZY GOOD. However, with Fall approaching, I was craving apple pie and the warmth from cinnamon and nutmeg. So I decided to try my hand at making Apple Pie Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal. So glad that I did – it is also CRAZY GOOD!
Trust me, this is a recipe creation you won’t want to miss out on. It is like my Apple Crisp Bar in breakfast form – with a completely healthy spin on it!
- 4 16 oz mason jars
- 4 cups milk (any variety is fine: coconut, cow, almond, etc)
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2-4 Tbsp maple syrup or honey (I love maple with apple and only used 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 sweet apples, diced into ½ inch chunks (I used pink lady from a local orchard)
- Place 1 cup milk, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ginger, ½ tablespoon maple syrup, ¼ cup apple sauce, and 1 tablespoon chia seeds into each mason jar.
- Secure lid and shake each jar until ingredients well combined.
- Open each jar and add ½ oats and ½ chopped apple to each jar. Secure jars closed again and shake well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve in morning cold or can warm up slightly.
Break out your sweaters and dust off your boots and celebrate fall with a bowl of this oatmeal.
Looking for other great apple recipes for your orchard picks? You will love my Spiced Apple Bread, Kale and Apple Salad, or Caramel Apple Dip that includes an all natural way to keep your apples from turning brown.
More Oatmeal Recipes:
- Ultimate Guide to Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Blender Waffles
- Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Apple Breakfast Bars
- Oatmeal Peach Breakfast Crumble
- Vanishing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Maple Oatmeal Bread
- Overnight Steel Cut Oats
Now it is your turn: Tell me what you love most about the Fall Season?
This post was written by Kristen at A MindFull Mom.