This list of 19 easy, creative homemade gift ideas has something for all of your friends and family. The gift ideas include DIY projects, delicious treats and baked goods, handmade beauty products, kitchen tools, and more!
Who doesn’t love handmade gifts?
Many of my favorite gifts I’ve received have been of the DIY type. I also love giving gifts that I’ve made or created. I’m sure many of you are the same way!
Some people are creative enough to see a photo on Pinterest and figure the rest out on their own. Others need instructions, detailed instructions!
For me, I want a Christmas gift that is easy on my time and easy on supplies. If have a party tomorrow, will my gift be ready in time? Do I already have the supplies in my closet or pantry?
If you’re looking for a list of creative gift ideas that are simple to make and are NOT complicated, look no further, this list is for you!
Homemade Gift Ideas: “Day Before” Projects
If you have a day or two before your gift needs to be ready, the following ideas are great!
A quick and easy DIY gift idea for your crunchy friends and family. This gift is great for men and ladies!
Winter can cause really dry skin for many people. The natural ingredients in this healing lotion help moisturize and protect the skin from dry and cold air during the wintertime of year.
This lotion is so beneficial to our health, as most people lack magnesium and don’t realize it. It is simple to make and makes for a very nice gift.
(4) Homemade Shampoo
Homemade shampoo makes a great gift for those who are hoping to avoid toxins in products, plus it nourishes your hair!
- Liquid Herbal Shampoo – This recipe can be made lickity-split.
- Herbal Shampoo Bar – This recipe does take some time to cure but can be given with instructions if needed.
Perfect for lips in the winter! This lip balm and scrub are made with just three simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
Easy Homemade Gift Ideas: “Day of” Projects
If you have a party to attend in the evening, you should have enough time to create these gifts provided you start right away in the morning.
(6) Healthy Cookies
That’s right – healthier cookies are possible, thanks to real food ingredients! Plus, who doesn’t love cookies? Here are my favorite cookies to give as a holiday gift:
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies – Chocolate chip cookies are fairly common, but THESE chocolate chip cookies are the bomb! For real! Bring these as a hostess gift and you’ll be known as the cookie friend!
- Candy Cane Cookies – These are a super cute variation of the sugar cookie that tastes like peppermint! They are my daughter’s favorite!
- Healthier Sugar Cookies – These can be made into different shapes depending on the holiday, like Christmas tree cookies in December and heart-shaped cookies for Valentine’s Day.
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies – I’m a recovering peanut butter addict so these cookies are high on my list of favorites!
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting – These naturally sweetened cookies are amazing!! All things pumpkin are ok in my book.
These simple, sweet and salty treats make a perfect homemade gift for family and friends.
(8) Homemade Granola
Add homemade granola to a mason jar, tie with a ribbon and add a cute gift tag and you’ve got a perfect gift for neighbors or teachers! Here are some of my favorite flavors:
- Homemade Cinnamon Granola
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
- Homemade Cranberry Orange Granola
- Strawberry Chocolate Granola
(9) Seasonings & Spice Blends
Seasonings can be used in so many ways. A nice jar of your favorite seasoning can be such a sweet and practical gift for flavor lovers. You can use my list of seasoning ideas here, or use some more of my favorite blends:
- Homemade Poultry Seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning
Adding to this great idea is to make it a set of spice blends! Use jars like these and a thrift store basket and voila, a PERFECT gift set!
(10) Homemade Bread
Who wouldn’t love to receive a loaf of homemade bread? Here are a few recipes that would create beautiful, gift-able bread:
- Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
- Homemade Caramelized Banana Bread
- Classic Pumpkin Bread
- 90 Minute Man Bread
- Sourdough Bread
Quick Homemade Gift Ideas: Just a Couple of Hours!
Short on time? Try these quick and easy ideas!
(11) A Baker’s Dozen of Food Gifts
You can make a gift box of 13 different food gifts – super fun and sure to be a hit with anyone! Here are a few food gift ideas you can incorporate:
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Coffee Blend. Again, add this to some cute jars tied with cute ribbons and your friends and family will love you.
- Deliciously Simple Biscotti. Between Triple Chocolate, Vanilla Bean Almond and Cranberry Orange, there’s a favorite for any taste bud on your Christmas list.
- No-Bake Sweet and Salty Energy Bites. A little sweet treat that wraps up well and doesn’t take a lot of time to make!
- No-Bake Brownie Bites. Who doesn’t love brownies? And these are round!
These are super easy to make – 20 minutes plus time for the bars to set. You can get creative with the shape as well!
(13) Bath Salt Scrubs
Bath bombs are all the rage but a little hard to make. Salt scrubs are incredibly easy to make. And who wouldn’t want a gift that pampers? Here are a few variations to try:
Homemade Cocoa Mix is super easy to make. You can put it in a jar with a ribbon. Add a mug and a mini whisk to your gift if you’d like!
(15) Canned Goods
If you like to make canned goods, use a bit of fabric and ribbon to make them look pretty along with a label saying what they are. Easiest gift ever!
(16) Homemade Soaps
These make for a perfect and practical gift that will have everyday use.
(17) Gifts for the Cook
These are perfect for friends who love to cook or are “foodies”.
- DIY Flour Shaker
- Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar
- Homemade Spice Blends
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Coffee Blend
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
(18) Crunchy Gifts
Crunchy friends would get excited to receive homemade toothpaste as a Christmas present! Here are some ideas:
- DIY Cinnamon Toothpaste
- DIY “Earthpaste”
- Homemade Foundation Powder
- Homemade Tinted Moisturizer
- DIY Homemade Shaving Cream
This list of loose leaf tea combinations is perfect for your tea-loving friends and family.
DIY gifts are one of my favorite ways to make people feel special around the holidays, or anytime for that matter! If you really want to make it special, why not try one of these unique ideas for wrapping gifts that will also save you money!
Do you need more Homemade Gift Ideas?
- 10 DIY Beauty Products from 6 Ingredients
- DIY Detox Charcoal Mask
- Homemade Lip Scrub
- Stove Top Potpourri