This Homemade Seasoning Salt is the best seasoned salt blend to add to all of your favorite recipes! Natural, frugal, quick & easy, it’s much healthier than using Lawry’s. Try in your favorite soups, casseroles and roasted potato recipes!
I like to make my own spice blends, because that way I know exactly what flavors are going into my recipes AND they’re also free of chemicals, fillers and sugars! I’ve made a super easy 9 spice mix for chicken or vegetables, a homemade Montreal steak seasoning, a blackened seasoning, a homemade Italian seasoning, and even a delicious homemade taco seasoning!
Now when it comes to a seasoning salt, I’d like a better option than Lawry’s seasoned salt, which has salt, herbs and spices – BUT it also has sugar, corn starch, sunflower oil, natural flavorings and a chemical additive to make it ‘free flowing.’
No thanks! I don’t need sugars, refined oils, artificial flavorings and a chemical to make my salt blend seasoning flow out of a jar.
So I made my own homemade Seasoning Salt recipe and, let me tell you, it is perfectly amazing at seasoning nearly everything from soups, to roasted veggies, to casseroles! It is especially yummy in my Great Northern Ham and Bean soup!
This recipe is so easy to put together, and trust me, once you make your own seasoning salt recipe, you will never buy chemical filled store-bought seasoning blends again!
Homemade Seasoning Salt
Not only is this season salt recipe crazy easy, it’s also:
- Frugal. Making your own seasoned salt is much more cost effective than buying store-bought.
- Healthy. With only the seasonings and salt inside, you spare yourself the chemicals, sugars and fillers found in store brands like Lawry’s.
- Versatile. Use it in all of your favorite recipes. Your real food home cooked possibilities are endless!
- Customizable. You can choose to add the salt to it so you don’t have to salt your recipes separately, or not.
What is Seasoning Salt made of?
With only a handful of ingredients, you’ll have a wonderful mix to add flavor to your meals.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt (leave the salt out OR add to make seasoned salt)
- Chili powder
- Dried parsley
- Black pepper
Note: If you tend to like a spicy kick to all of your meals, you can also add cayenne pepper to this blend, of course to your spice tolerance. OR you can make one with an extra spicy kick, and one without. Just be sure to label which is which!
Psst! If you’re going to add salt, I highly recommend Ava Jane’s Kitchen. You may think all salt is created equal, but unfortunately, 90% of salt produced around the world contains microplastics (gross, right?). Ava Jane’s Kitchen is an exception. Their salt is 100% microplastic free, and it’s SO GOOD! Plus, you can get a bag for just 1¢!! (Get your penny bag of salt on this page.)
How to make DIY Seasoned Salt
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
That’s it! By the way, I love to use these little glass spice jars to store my seasoning blends.
What do you use Seasoning Salt for?
As I mentioned above, using seasoned salt is such a great way to add more depth of flavor to your recipes. It truly adds a layer of dimension that can’t be replaced with salt alone. Try using it in some of these wonderful recipes! (Remember to use in lieu of salt, if you add the salt to this seasoning blend).
- Homemade Cream of Celery Soup
- Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Garlic White Bean Soup with Kale
- Slow Cooker Mexican Potato Soup
- Northern Beans and Ham Soup
- Leftover Pork and Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Spinach and Chicken Enchiladas
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Bake
- Pan Seared Broccoli
- Easy Roasted Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Sauteed Green Beans
- Instant Pot Steamed Vegetables
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Ridiculously Easy Potato Skins
- Rich & Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Roasted Cabbage Wedges
30 Minute Dinners Sample Meal PlanSign up to get instant access to my 30 Minute Dinners Sample Meal Plan, complete with recipes and step-by-step instructions!
Homemade Seasoning Salt
This Homemade Seasoning Salt is the best seasoned salt blend to add to all of your favorite recipes! Natural, frugal, quick & easy, it’s much healthier than using Lawry’s. Try in your favorite soups, casseroles and roasted veggie recipes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: Sauces / Condiments
- Method: Combine
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup salt (leave the salt OUT for salt-free or add to make seasoned salt)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container. I like to use these glass spice jars.