These are the best Baked Potato Wedges you’ll ever taste! A super easy, frugal, and healthy recipe that comes out perfectly roasted and crispy every time! Goes great with burgers, chicken and even soup & salad!
When we first met, Mr. Crumbs took me to the beach and bought me french fries. More specifically, he bought me boardwalk fries.
Boardwalk fries?! Never heard of ’em.
The crunchy, salty, greasy potato pieces were beyond heavenly and I was hooked. They were delicious!
However, we needed to find a substitute. A crispy potato wedge or another substitute… minus the grease.
So like our other favorite East coast food, we’ve had to come up with our own version of boardwalk fries that taste good AND won’t send you into a fried food coma…
Introducing our healthy oven roasted crispy potato wedges recipe!
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
Not only are these crispy potato wedges perfectly roasted, but they’re quite possibly the best potato you’ll ever have that comes from the oven. They’re also:
- Easy. The beauty of this recipe is that it is SO not complicated. Cut the potato, lather with olive oil, sprinkle the seasons and roast.
- Healthy. Simple ingredients are always the healthiest! There are only 5 simple ingredients in this recipe – and that’s including the salt & pepper!
- Frugal. Potatoes are frugal real foods that pair SO well with almost any type of meal. If you need to get a side dish on the table, this is it!
Ingredients for Oven Baked Potato Wedges
How to Make Homemade Potato Wedges (Step-By-Step)
Step 1. Scrub potatoes and thoroughly dry.
Step 2. Cut the potatoes lengthwise, the skinny way. Each potato should yield 8 wedges.
Step 3. Combine cut potatoes and olive oil in a large bowl and toss well to ensure all the potatoes are thoroughly covered in oil.
Step 5. Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, until the tops and sides begin to brown nicely.
Psst! Want to kick these potato wedges up a notch? Try finishing this recipe with a pinch of finishing salt! I love Ava Jane’s Kitchen because it doesn’t have microplastics (gross, right?) and it’s SO GOOD! Plus, you can get a bag for just 1¢!! (Get your penny bag of salt on this page.)
Tips & Tricks for the BEST Potato Wedges
I’ve had plenty of roasted potatoes before, but this one is ALWAYS a winner thanks to two little secrets. Let me explain.
1. Cut the potato the skinny way
- First, if you hold a potato on its side, on a cutting board, it’ll look either fat, or skinny. (Try turning it over a few times if you’re unsure which side you’re on.)
- You want to hold it so that it looks skinny, NOT fat, when you slice it lengthwise. This way you’ll have a wider wedge when you slice it, so it won’t topple over on the pan.
Note: Make sure to use a sharp knife like this one. Potatoes can be dangerous to cut if your knife isn’t at optimal sharpness!
2. Put the Skin Side Down
- It’s imperative – absolutely imperative – that you put the potato skin side down on the baking sheet. Why do you ask? Well… do you want crispy potato wedges? Or just potato wedges?
- If you don’t, you’ll be scraping sticky, gooey, stuck-on potato off your baking sheet instead of picking up perfectly roasted crispy potato wedges.
Note: You could use a silicone baking mat like this one to help reduce any stickiness. But still, make sure the potato is skin side down.
Baked Potato Wedge Recipe FAQs
Yes. As this article details, fast food French fries are deep fried, very unhealthy, and filled with toxic oils and chemicals.
On the other hand, this potato wedge recipe is made with simple real food ingredients, and it’s roasted on a sheet pan in the oven. You can’t get healthier than that!
As you can see, we like to keep the seasonings simple. Feel free to change the seasonings, though, to fit your mood.
We’ve made them with dry ranch seasoning, Montreal steak seasoning, Montreal chicken seasoning and even with a bit of onion, garlic and parmesan cheese.
If you prefer sweet potatoes over russet, knock yourself out. Keep the seasoning the same, or sprinkle a teeny tiny bit of cinnamon and nutmeg for a fall flare.
We choose this roasted potato wedge recipe anytime we have grilled sandwiches like these Mediterranean grilled cheese sandwiches or just because it’s Saturday. Serve alongside homemade ketchup (or homemade mayo – holla!) and your kids (or husbands) will be happy campers regardless of what else is for dinner.
Pair with Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, Homemade Chicken Nuggets. or the BEST burgers!
PS…This dish is featured in my FREE Vegetarian Meal Plan.
More Easy Potato Recipes
- Ridiculously Easy Potato Skins
- One Pan Buffalo Chicken Potatoes
- 7 Ways to Make a Baked Potato
- Fried Sweet Potatoes and Runny Eggs
- Crash Hot Sweet Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Hash Browns
Two Week SampleDo you need step-by-step help with meal planning? Frugal Real Food Meal Plans is an all-in-one meal plan with recipes, shopping lists, shopping guides, money saving tips and more! Sign up below for a free sample!
Watch How to Make Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
These are the best Baked Potato Wedges ever! A super easy, frugal & healthy recipe that comes out perfectly roasted and crispy every time!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
- Total Time: 36 minute
- Yield: serves 4 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Scrub potatoes and thoroughly dry.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise, the skinny way. Placing half of the potato cut down down on the cutting board, cut it in half, and then each half in half. Repeat with the other portion of potato. Each potato should yield 8 wedges.
- Combine cut potatoes and olive oil in a large bowl and toss well to ensure all the potatoes are thoroughly covered in oil, yet not drenched.
- Place them on a cookie sheet, skin side down, and sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, until the tops and sides begin to brown nicely.
If your wedges are soggy, continue baking until they are crispy potato wedges.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 123
Keywords: Potato Wedges, potato wedges oven, potato wedges recipe in oven, potatoes wedge, potatoes wedges in oven, potatoes wedges in the oven, potatoes wedges oven, potatoes wedges recipe, potatoes wedges recipes, recipe for crispy potato wedges, recipe potato wedges, recipes for baked potato wedges, recipes potato wedges, roast potato wedges, roasted garlic potato wedges, roasted potato wedges, roasted potato wedges recipes, roasted potatoes wedges, roasted wedges, simple potato wedges recipe, wedge potato, wedge potatoes