This easy Instant Pot Chicken Detox Soup is simple, healthy and quick to make. Great for cleansing and dieting, plus it’s freezer friendly & versatile (mix and match seasonal veggies)! Enjoy alongside an Instant Pot Sweet Potato.
Without fail, when the new year comes I’m craving something warm, comforting, and healthy.
This Instant Pot Chicken Detox Soup is exactly that – it’s the classic flavors of the chicken soup you had growing up, but with a few grown up spices thrown in.
The result is a delicious, incredibly healthy and filling soup that’s easy on the budget!
Instant Pot Chicken Detox Soup
While my family likes soup, it’s been a real challenge finding soup recipes that they WANT to eat.
Sure, they’re try anything once, but recipe after recipe has been knocked down because it wasn’t good enough to make it again.
This Instant Pot Chicken Detox Soup recipe though? We’ve made it FOUR TIMES in the past six weeks, which is pretty much a world record in this house.
This soup is:
- Crazy simple. Dump it all in the Instant Pot and hit go.
- Ready really quickly. Thanks to the Instant Pot, dinner is ready in under 30 minutes.
- Freezer-friendly. I always make extra to INTENTIONALLY put some up in the freezer.
- Kid-friendly. The spices are so mild, that no picky eater will be turned off.
- Easily adaptable. I like to make this soup as I wrote it below, but feel free to swap some of the vegetables around based on the season or what you have in the fridge.
This is one of my favorite soups to make early in the day and set the timer to cook around 4pm. When we’re home at 5pm, there’s just 5 minutes to shred the chicken and dinner is done!
What is detox soup?
I’m calling this soup Instant Pot Chicken DETOX soup because some of the ingredients are known to boost your health:
- Ginger specifically boosts your immune system and wards off germs
- Turmeric lowers risk of heart disease
- Crushed red pepper helps improve digestion
Plus there’s some vegetables and homemade chicken stock, and we know that’s exactly what mom would make to keep us healthy!
Simple Ingredients for this Healthy Chicken Soup Recipe
This healthy chicken soup recipe seems to have a long list of ingredients, but I promise that it’s nothing you haven’t seen before:
- Core Vegetables: onion, celery, carrots
- Fun Vegetables: peas, broccoli
- Chicken stock
- Flavor Punch: ginger, turmeric, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning
What vegetables are in chicken soup?
Growing up, my chicken soup only had carrots… but that’s because my soup was from a can!
Now that I make homemade chicken soup, I always add onions, celery, carrots and peas. I may add some other vegetables – like broccoli or green beans – depending on the flavor I’m going for or what needs to get used up from the fridge!
How to Make Easy Detox Soup (whether you’re dieting or cleansing)
This easy detox soup recipe comes together really quickly.
- Combine all the ingredients (except broccoli) in the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Release the rest of the pressure, toss in the broccoli, shred the chicken, and serve warm.
I love that this soup can be prepped early in the day and set on a timer to cook while you’re away.
You could even make this soup a “dump” freezer meal! Just combine all the ingredients (except the broccoli and stock) in a freezer-safe plastic bag.
When you’re ready to cook, dump the ingredients in the Instant Pot and add the stock. When the soup is done, add the broccoli and dinner is ready!
What to Serve with Chicken Detox Soup:
Other Easy Soup Recipes
- The Best Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker Mexican Potato Soap
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soap
- Zuppa Toscana Soup
Hands-Free CookingLearn the secrets to getting dinner done faster by hacking your kitchen appliances, plus 30+ recipes to fuel your family!
Detox Chicken Noodle Soup
This easy Instant Pot Chicken Detox Soup is simple, healthy and quick to make. Great for cleansing and dieting + freezer friendly & versatile.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 Servings 1x
- Category: Soup & Salad
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
3 celery ribs, diced (about 1 cup)
4 large carrots, diced (about 2 cups)
2 cups frozen peas
3 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped finely
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, whole
2 quarts chicken broth
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp Italian seasoning
¼ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
3 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
Salt and pepper, to taste
In a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot (I have this 8 quart Instant Pot Duo), place all the ingredients EXCEPT broccoli in the inner pot.
Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally (i.e. do nothing) for 10 minutes, and then turn the valve to release the remaining pressure.
Remove the whole chicken breasts from the Instant Pot and place them on a plate.
Put the broccoli into the soup and seal the Instant Pot. Do not turn the Instant Pot on – the residual heat will cook the broccoli.
Meanwhile, shred the cooked chicken using two forks, or chop into bite-size pieces. Put the cut chicken back into the soup and stir.
Adapted from A Spicy Perspective (https://www.aspicyperspective.com/chicken-detox-soup/)