I love salads, but sometimes they feel boring.
Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love my kale Caesar salad, cranberry apple spinach salad, and southwest chicken salad… but every now and then, I want my salad to be so flavorful, it’s like a party in my mouth.
And that’s EXACTLY what this vegetable Greek salad is!
Healthy Vegetable Greek Salad
Aside from the fact that this salad is SO GOOD, I love making this healthy vegetable salad because:
- It’s quick and easy. The total time is 10 minutes.
- No cooking! Perfect for summer.
- Allergy-friendly. It’s naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Great as leftovers! Pour off excess liquid before serving and it’s delicious the next day too!
- Packed with vegetables. If you’re trying to eat more veggies, this is your ticket!
Greek Salad Ingredients
This recipe only calls for a few ingredients, but most importantly, there’s NO lettuce.
My husband and I visited a traditional Mediterranean restaurant and when our salads were delivered, there wasn’t any Romaine lettuce…
It put us for a loop at first, because I automatically associate “salad” with “lettuce” (although my black bean and corn salad doesn’t have any lettuce either!).
But I’ll tell you this – this salad recipe is SO GOOD on its own, you won’t even miss the lettuce!
Here are the SIX ingredients you need:
- Cucumbers. I prefer using English cucumbers because the seeds are minimal, but you can use any kind here.
- Tomatoes. The restaurant served Roma tomatoes, and I’ve used both Roma and cherry tomatoes. Any tomato will work here!
- Red Onion. A white onion will work in a pinch, but the red onion is best!
- Dry Greek Dressing Mix. This is my recipe for homemade Greek salad dressing, and you need just the dry seasonings for this Greek salad recipe.
- Red Wine Vinegar. A must!
- Olive Oil.
- Feta Cheese. (optional)
How to Make Mediterranean Salad
This Mediterranean recipe couldn’t be simpler to make!
Step 1. Slice the cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions.
Step 2. Add the seasonings to the vegetables and toss them in a large bowl.
Step 3. Mix well, and serve!
Note: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More Salad Toppings
I think this salad is SO GOOD as-is, but you can change up the taste and add toppings such as:
- crumbled feta
- big triangle of feta (that’s what they did at the restaurant)
- large chunks of chicken
- green bell pepper
- kalamata olives or black olives
FAQs for Easy Greek Salad
Can I make this recipe with chicken?
Is Greek salad very healthy?
Yes! This salad is packed with vegetables and eating vegetables is always good!
What is Greek Salad Dressing made of?
Does Greek salad contain lettuce?
It can, but the salad I ordered from an authentic Greek restaurant didn’t, so neither does my copycat recipe!
Here are some side dish ideas to serve with this marinated vegetable salad:
- Mediterranean Grilled Cheese
- Homemade Pita Bread
- Oven Roasted Chicken
- Almond Crusted Chicken
- Greek Couscous
More Easy Greek Recipes
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Simple Greek Couscous
- Greek Pasta Salad
- How to Make Greek Yogurt
- Mediterranean Grilled Cheese
Fight Inflation WorkshopSign up for my FREE Fight Inflation Workshop and learn simple strategies to save money, even with rising food costs!
Vegetable Greek Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
- Category: Soup & Salad
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: Greek
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup)
- ½ red onion, sliced (about ½ cup)
- 2 Tbsp dry homemade Greek salad dressing (recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup feta cheese (optional)
Dry Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil,
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Leftovers are delicious – just pour off excess liquid before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Calories: 79
Keywords: Greek salad, best Greek salad recipe, Greek salad recipe, recipe – Greek salad, simple Greek salad