Save time and money with this one week meal plan featuring healthy slow cooker recipes with chicken, beef, pork and vegetarian ideas. Every recipe is super easy, and approved by my picky kids!
Do you ever have one of those weeks where you have something on your schedule every single night?
I have, and the worst part isn’t that we’re busy with things to do… it’s that there’s no time to cook dinner!
These are the weeks I reach for my slow cooker recipes.
Seven Days of Slow Cooker Recipes
Recipes for the slow cooker aren’t new. One search on the internet will show you TONS of them. And I bet you have a few cookbooks or recipe cards with your favorite slow cooker recipes too.
There are two big reasons why I like cooking with my slow cooker so much, and why 80+ years later, it’s still being used so often:
- It’s a time saver – dinner is literally cooking while you’re away.
- It saves money. You can buy the cheapest and toughest cuts of meat and they become tender and juicy.
Who doesn’t love saving time or money? That’s why you and I both need this one-week slow cooker meal plan!
One Week Meal Plan: Slow Cooker Recipes
Here’s what you can expect to find in this meal plan that features slow cooker recipes:
- 100% real food recipes. They’re simple, straight-forward and family-friendly.
- Seven dinners. The meal plan is created to feed the average family of for with a cost of around $50 to $75.
- Hearty meals. There’s a good chance you’ll have leftovers for lunches too. (If you have hearty eaters or teenagers, you might find this two-week lunch menu handy.)
- Slow cooker breakfast AND dessert ideas! Slow cookers aren’t just for dinner and your people need to eat, so we included ideas for breakfast and dessert too. Check out this freezer meal plan featuring SIX breakfast recipes in one hour!
- Simple side dishes. Each side dish can be made in a slow cooker or Instant Pot, or it doesn’t require any cooking at all!
- Shopping list. I’ve done the hard part for you!
What’s Not Included:
- Precautions for food allergies. I have been blessed to not have severe food allergies in our family and as a result, I don’t plan for them in my meal plans. If you need to account for food allergies, ALDI has a fantastic line of gluten-free foods, and if you’re dairy-free, you’re probably used to subbing anyway. With a few tweaks, I think this ALDI meal plan would work in most food allergy families, too.
By the way, you can find all of our meal plans on this page!
Slow Cooker Meal PlanSign up to get instant access to my Slow Cooker Meal Plan, complete with recipes and shopping list!!
What You Need for this Meal Plan
You’ll certainly need a slow cooker because this is a SLOW COOKER meal plan. I have and LOVE this 6-quart slow cooker and would recommend it in a heartbeat.
If you prefer to cook using an Instant Pot, here’s how to make slow cooker recipes in an Instant Pot. However, since this is a SLOW COOKER meal plan, not all recipes will necessarily fit in the Instant Pot as-written.
Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes for One Week
- Meal 1: Beef Ragu + Mashed Potatoes
- Meal 2: Thai Pineapple Curry + Rice
- Meal 3: Salsa Chicken + Cornbread
- Meal 4: Meatless Lasagna + Easy Spinach Salad
- Meal 5: Carnitas + Lime Crema
- Meal 6: Classic Pot Roast
- Meal 7: White Chicken Chili
Bonus Slow Cooker Breakfast Recipes
Bonus Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes
More Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
Here are a few more of our favorite slow cooker recipes. (Note that these are NOT included in the meal plan. They’re just tried-and-true recipes you might like!)