A few weeks ago we attended my husband’s summer BBQ (a work-related gig). On the table was this broccoli salad. I’ve never been a big fan of broccoli salads, but I was trying to be a good girl and wanted to eat a fair amount of vegetables before making a bee-line to the tortilla chips and dessert table.
Do you think four heaping servings of broccoli salad is considered fair?
And I don’t even like broccoli salad, remember?!
Signing up for pot lucks is always a challenge. What should I bring? What do I have? What will everyone like?
Skip the questions and concerns and sign up to bring this broccoli salad.
If you could write “broccoli salad” next to your name in permanent marker, do it.
The big bowl I made for our fellowship meal this past Sunday was gone is 20 minutes. Yes, it really is THAT good.
You could scale this back and make it for your own dinner tonight, or leave it as is to feed a large crowd. It does need to be refrigerated for at least two hours and could go for up to 24. Perfect for making ahead and worrying about one less thing when it’s time to walk out the door!
Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe
Broccoli Salad (a la Compagno’s)
Easy broccoli salad with 8 simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets (chop larger florets into smaller pieces)
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup yogurt or mayonnaise (homemade version here)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 10 slices bacon (you decide on the nitrates, approx 1/2 lb pre-cooking weight)
- Cook bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Combine broccoli, onion and raisins in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, wisk vinegar, sugar and yogurt/mayonnaise. Add dressing to broccoli and combine well. Refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- Add sunflower seeds and bacon before serving.
You could scale this back and make it for your own dinner tonight, or leave it as is to feed a large crowd. It does need to be refrigerated for at least two hours and could go for up to 24.
- Calories: 331
Keywords: broccoli salad