These super easy Instant Pot Chicken Wings are the best hands-off, crowd-pleasing recipe! Cook in just 10 minutes, and slather in our favorite homemade buffalo wing sauce!
When I first met my husband, every Thursday night was “wing night.” It was a tradition carried over from his bachelor days, when all of his friends would get together at a local pub for 25¢ wings.
Just like his favorite pizza recipe, we were able to replicate these awesome wings and an even MORE amazing homemade buffalo wing sauce recipe. The only downside was that his version of wings required you to be around the kitchen for roughly 40 minutes…
I don’t know about you, but I don’t have time to do nothing for 40 minutes!
Thankfully, you can make awesome Instant Pot chicken wings in just 10 minutes!
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Wings
I love this version of easy IP chicken wings for several reasons:
- Hands-off. Once I set the timer on the Instant Pot, I don’t have to babysit the wings.
- You can make a lot. Cook up to 3 lbs. of chicken wings without any more cook time!
- Crazy easy. You don’t need any cooking experience to make these wings!
Ingredients for Chicken Wings
You only need one ingredient for chicken wings in the Instant Pot: chicken wings!
If you’re going to make homemade buffalo wing sauce for the wings, there’s no need to season the chicken wings before you cook them.
However, if you’re going to make a different sauce, or prefer to have even more flavor then what a sauce can offer, you can certainly season your wings before you cook them.
To do this:
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and season liberally with seasonings of your choice. Cajun seasoning or all-purpose seasoning are both very good!
- Toss the wings with the seasoning and then follow the recipe below!
How to Make Crispy Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Just like the super short ingredient list, the steps for making crispy Instant Pot chicken wings is pretty simple and straight-forward:
- Place up to 3 pounds of chicken wings in the Instant Pot. (Not the wing tips.)
- Cook on high pressure and let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes when they’re done, then flip the valve to release the rest of the pressure.
- If you want crispy chicken wings, place the wings under the broiler for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Toss with your favorite sauce!
How long do you cook chicken wings in an electric pressure cooker?
Thawed chicken wings need just 10 minutes to cook in an electric pressure cooker, including the Instant Pot.
What about Instant Pot frozen chicken wings?
A general rule of thumb when cooking frozen meat is to add an additional 50% of the time. Since thawed wings need 10 minutes to cook, frozen wings need 15 minutes in the Instant Pot.
Special equipment to make chicken wings in the Instant Pot:
You can get away with using just the IP trivet to make chicken wings, but having a steaming basket like this make it MUCH easier.
You can fill the basket up (it’s okay if the chicken wings touch each other) and then pull the entire basket out when the timer beeps.
Plus, the steamer basket is perfect for making Instant Pot steamed vegetables!
What to serve with IP Chicken Wings:
Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- White Rice in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Korean Beef
- IP Beef and Broccoli
30 Minute Dinners 3-Day Meal PlanSign up to get instant access to my 30 Minute Dinners 3-Day Meal Plan, complete with recipes and step-by-step instructions!
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
These super easy Instant Pot Chicken Wings are the best hands-off, crowd-pleasing recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10–20 wings 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- For a 6 quart Instant Pot, pour 1 cup of water in the inner pot. For an 8 quart Instant Pot, pour 1 ½ cups water.
- Place the trivet or steamer basket inside the instant Pot, and place your chicken wings either on the trivet, or in the basket. It’s okay if the chicken wings are touching.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes (15 minutes for frozen wings).
- Meanwhile, make the buffalo wing sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the cornstarch and water.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring often, until the butter is melted.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small mug and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the sauce and immediately start whisking it into the sauce.
- Keep whisking, and the sauce will start to thicken. When the sauce is noticeably thicker (i.e. will heavily coat the back of a spoon), remove the sauce from the heat and set aside.
- When the timer beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure using the valve.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to broil.
- When the wings are done in the Instant Pot, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Place the wings under the broil for 3-4 minutes on each side to crisp up the skin.
- Toss in a big bowl with buffalo wing sauce and enjoy!
Adapted from A Mind Full Mom
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Wings