When you spend a lot of time cooking in the kitchen during the holidays, sometimes it’s nice to make something EASY for a change, am I right?
Friends, it would help if you had my healthy, no-bake chocolate pie. It’s SO easy, and fast! I promise you will LOVE it!!
I made this for my family and EVERY SINGLE PERSON (myself included) was BEGGING for seconds. When the pie was gone, there were groans that someone else had taken the last piece!!
Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Pie
Aside from the fact that this no-bake chocolate pie is so good, your family and guests will be fighting over the last piece, this healthy dessert is also:
- Dairy-free, egg-free, and easily gluten-free
- Naturally sweetened
- Velvety smooth
- Rich and creamy
- Raw and Vegan (no tofu!)
- Ready in about 15 minutes without refrigeration!
This pie has become our new family favorite, and I know it will be yours too!
Ingredients for Healthy Chocolate Cream Pie
This pie is a spin-off of my avocado chocolate mousse – AND BEFORE YOU RUN AWAY BECAUSE I SAID AVOCADO – I promise you can’t even taste it.
- When my husband, who HATES avocados, tried a piece, he couldn’t even taste them (and asked for another piece).
- My daughter HATES avocados and she asked for another piece too.
- When my son, who likes avocadoes ONLY in guacamole, had a piece, he also asked for another piece!
Do you see the common trend here? You can’t taste the avocadoes, I promise. The flavor completely disappears leaving you with a rich and creamy chocolate cream pie that won’t leave you feeling guilty if you have an extra serving.
Here’s what you need to make this healthy chocolate cream pie:
- Pie Crust. I used my homemade pie crust recipe, which does require a few minutes in the oven, BUT you can easily use a pre-made graham cracker crust or this graham cracker crust recipe (although I’d reduce the sugar to 1/4 cup).
- Avocados. They need to be ripe, so look for avocados that give way but aren’t “squishy” when you squeeze gently.
- Cocoa Powder. Use what you have – natural cocoa, Dutch-processed cacao, and raw cacao all work.
- Almond Milk. Regular milk or coconut milk can be used as well.
- Maple Syrup + Vanilla Extract + Salt. FLAVOR!!
- Dark Chocolate. Dark chocolate makes this dessert rich and reduces the sugar content, but you can use semi-sweet if you’re in a pinch.
That may seem like a lot of ingredients, but I promise this recipe goes super fast!!
Psst! If you’re going to add salt, I highly recommend Ava Jane’s Kitchen. You may think all salt is created equal, but unfortunately, 90% of the salt produced around the world contains microplastics (gross, right?). Ava Jane’s Kitchen is an exception. Their salt is 100% microplastic free, and it’s SO GOOD! Plus, you can get a bag for just 1¢!! (Get your penny bag of salt on this page.)
How to Make a Chocolate Pie
You’re not going to believe how fast this pie comes together…
Step 1. Make the crust. If you’re using my homemade crust recipe, get that in the oven to pre-bake. It won’t take long and you can make the filling while you wait. If you’re using a graham cracker crust, go ahead and get it done.
Step 3. Fill the pie. When your crust is ready and cool, pour the filling mixture into the crust and smooth it with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
Step 4. Chill (optional). This filling is super thick and you’ll be able to slice into it right away. I personally like to let it chill for about an hour first.
Note: Store this in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container.
Homemade Chocolate Pie Questions
Can a pie be healthy?
Yes, a pie can be healthy! My homemade chocolate pie recipe is made with nutritious ingredients. This pie tastes better than store-bought!
How do you thicken chocolate pie filling?
This pie has a very thick chocolate pie filling so there is no need to make it thicker. I recommend letting the pie chill for an hour.
How to Make This a French Silk Pie
The only difference between this no-bake chocolate pie and French silk pie is that French silk pie has whipped cream.
This chocolate pudding pie is always a crowd favorite. You may want to make two for sharing with others so your loved ones can have seconds.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Berry Pie
- Healthier Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Covered Pretzels
No Cook Meal PlanSign up to get instant access to my No Cook Meal Plan, complete with recipes and shopping list!
Healthy Homemade Chocolate Pie
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 57 minutes
- Yield: 1 pie 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Make the Crust (Can be prepared ahead of time):
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time JUST until the mixture comes together to form a ball.
- Breaking off a piece about the size of a golf ball, pat the crust into the bottom and sides of a pie pan.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 min.
Prepare the Filling:
- In a food processor or blender (this is the blender I have), combine all the ingredients except the dark chocolate.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir well. If the chocolate isn’t entirely melted, place it back in the microwave for 5 seconds and stir well.
- Add the melted chocolate to the other ingredients and process or blend on high for about 15-20 seconds.
Fill the Pie:
- Fill the pie. When your crust is ready and cool, pour the filling into the crust and smooth it with a spatula.
Chill. (read notes)
- Chill (optional). This filling is super thick and you’ll be able to slice into it right away. I personally like to let it chill for about an hour first.
- Store this in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container.
- Calories: 526
Keywords: chocolate pie, chocolate pie recipe, chocolate pies, best chocolate pie, best chocolate pie recipe