This cilantro lime dressing is so easy and is the BEST! It’s vegan, Whole30, keto and perfect for tacos. Much cheaper than store-bought with an option to make it creamy!
Have you ever made dinner that just seemed so-so? I mean, dinner itself didn’t taste BAD per se, but it wasn’t a home run?
Or do you know those dinners where everyone at the table grabs seconds or thirds and literally talks about how awesome the meal was days later?
That’s my goal for every dinner and you can make that happen with a simple sauce or dressing. Good news! This cilantro lime dressing is one of those recipes that will put dinner down in the record books!
Cilantro Lime Dressing
Ever since I made Thai peanut dressing, I knew that having an awesome sauce could literally flip the switch on dinner.
This cilantro lime dressing is of the same caliber, and here’s why you need to make it ASAP:
- Quick. The whole thing takes two minutes or less to make. And that’s if you’re moving slow.
- Easy. A quick buzz in a food processor or blender and you’re good to go. (I have this food processor and this blender and love them both!)
- Make-Ahead. Add this to your weekly meal prep and you’ll be saucing up EVERYTHING all week.
- Normal Ingredients. Nothing weird or fancy. Just a few basics you already have, or can easily pick up at your grocery store.
- Affordable. If you use a calculator, we’re coming up with a total of PENNIES, not dollars like store-bought dressings.
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
We all love basic recipes that knock our socks off, right? Well take a look at this line up:
- Lime Juice. A given, since the recipe is a cilantro LIME vinaigrette.
- Garlic Powder. You can use fresh if you want, but granulated garlic powder is just SO easy.
- Honey. The smallest amount brings all the ingredients together.
- Salt. A.K.A. flavor!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Substitute any mild oil here… avocado oil, palm oil, or even fractionated coconut oil will work.
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves. Again, a given.
Pretty simple and straight-forward, right? I thought so too!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Dressing
This recipe comes together in two simple steps.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over your favorite salads.
A Few Tips for Making this Mexican Salad Dressing
Cilantro. You don’t need a lot of cilantro for this recipe, and you certainly don’t want to buy a whole bunch of cilantro for just one tablespoon.
I suggest making this salad dressing recipe whenever you’re making something that uses cilantro, like cilantro lime coleslaw, fresh mango salsa, or a classic rice and beans dinner. That way it’s less likely to get slimy sitting in the fridge, and you’ll save money.
Lime Juice. Fresh always tastes best, but bottled will work too.
How long will cilantro lime dressing last? Can you freeze it?
This dressing will last several days in the fridge. I’ve never frozen it before personally, but the ingredients themselves will freeze fine so feel free to give it a shot!
How can I make this a CREAMY cilantro lime dressing?
Simple! Substitute Greek yogurt or sour cream for half of the oil in the recipe. From there, you can either use greek yogurt or sour cream for the rest of the oil OR use the oil. Just taste and adjust!
What to Serve with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Use as a marinade for shrimp or chicken (here are more easy chicken marinades)
- Southwestern Salad
- Crunchy Quinoa Salad
- Use on ANY salad, but it’s especially delicious on grilled chicken salads
- Drizzle over pasta or rice or vegetables
More Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes
- Greek salad dressing
- Ranch dressing recipe
- Dairy-free Ranch Salad Dressing
- Caesar salad dressing
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Cilantro Lime Dressing
This cilantro lime dressing is so easy and is the BEST! Vegan, Whole30, keto and perfect for tacos. Cheaper than store-bought with an option to make it creamy!
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Yield: About 5 oz 1x
- Category: Sauces/Condiments
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pour over your favorite salad and enjoy.
Makes just over 1/2 cup, or enough for a family dinner salad.
Keywords: Cilantro lime dressing