This easy and frugal Cherry Limeade Popsicle recipe is made in a blender with only 4 simple ingredients! Perfect for healthy snacking or for summer parties! Pairs well with our homemade vanilla bean ice cream!
A few years ago, this August, I shared a recipe here on Crumbs for what is probably my favorite homemade popsicle of all time – Homemade Coconut Cream Popsicles.
Well, it’s not August yet, but summer is off to a steamy start here in Georgia and we’re enjoying tacos, filling up on fruit pizza, and crankin’ out new popsicle flavors left and right. (Truth be told, we’ve done our fair share of cookie baking too!)
Sonic Cherry Limeades were a staple during my teenage years.
I have warm, fuzzy memories of driving around with other carefree 16-year-olds sipping on our hyper colored Route 44 drinks in paper cups. But now I can’t help but cringe at the amounts of red dye, corn syrup, and who-knows-what-else I was slurping down without a care.
So, one warm sunny afternoon last month, I made my own Homemade Cherry Limeade from just 4 real food ingredients. It turned out great – similar to the original, but more…real. Sweet, black cherries, fresh lime juice, raw honey, water. Simple as that.
The whole family liked it, so the next logical step was to try freezing it and putting it on a stick.
Cherry Limeade Popsicles
Sweet, tangy, and refreshing, these cherry limeade popsicles are SO worth making because they’re…
- Healthy. Made with simple real food ingredients, these popsicles are a nutritious summer treat for the whole family.
- Convenient. By making a couple of batches at a time, you’ll always have an easy snack on hand and ready to go!
- Fun! With so many options for yummy flavor combinations, making popsicles is an activity that the kiddos love to do with you!
- Frugal. By using simple in-season ingredients, like fresh cherries, these popsicles can be made ahead in batches for a ready-made frugal snack. Perfect for summer parties or company!
Ingredients for Cherry Limeade Popsicles
These delicious frozen treats are made from only four simple ingredients!
- Filtered water
- Fresh lime juice (juice from 5 small limes)
- Raw honey
- Frozen pitted sweet cherries (I used organic)
Note: You can also add an optional vanilla ice cream, coconut milk, or Greek yogurt for a creamy swirl! Some people like to drop chocolate chips into popsicles, but I haven’t tried that with this recipe! I think chocolate chips would be amazing in my coconut cream popsicles or my 3-ingredient yogurt popsicles!
How do you make homemade popsicles?
- Place all ingredients in the blender. Blend. (I use this blender).
- Pour into molds (I like these).
- For swirl pops, add softened vanilla ice cream.
- Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Release from the popsicle mold and enjoy!
What popsicle mold is best?
What is the best popsicle flavor?
I even blend fruit juice with my homemade elderberry syrup to make delicious Elderberry juice pops to help fight off summer colds. I guarantee you’ll have no problems getting your kids to take their “medicine” when it comes in the form of a popsicle!
So, after you’ve tried these Cherry Limeade Popsicles, grab another favorite drink, a set of popsicle molds, and have some fun creating your own frozen treats!
How long does it take popsicles to freeze?
Popsicles freeze in several hours, but overnight is best.
Why are my popsicles icy?
Some things to help prevent the ice crystals are chilling the mixture in the fridge before pouring into the molds for freezing. You can also freeze the empty molds before pouring the chilled mixture in.
Can you enjoy Cherry Limeade Popsicles as a beverage instead?
This popsicle recipe is a concentrated version of my Homemade Cherry Limeade. If you want to make fewer popsicles, you can add a little extra water to the concentrate and enjoy a refreshing Cherry Limeade Beverage!
More Easy Summer Treats
- Homemade Ice Pops
- Healthy Homemade Lemonade
- Coconut Cream Popsicles
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Easy Yogurt Popsicles
Real Food RebootSign up to join the 30-day Real Food Reboot Challenge! It will help you and your family eat healthier food for the long-haul. In less than 15 minutes a day, you can change habits, feel better, AND bring your family along too!
Cherry Limeade Popsicles (Regular and Swirl)
This easy and frugal Cherry Limeade Popsicle recipe is made in a blender with only 4 simple ingredients! Perfect for healthy snacking or for summer parties!
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 6 popsicles 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (juice from 5 small limes)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 cup frozen pitted sweet cherries (I used organic)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional, for swirl pops)
- Place all ingredients in blender in order listed. Blend on low for 30 seconds, then on high until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. For swirl pops, fill only halfway with cherry limeade mixture, then fill remainder with slightly softened vanilla ice cream. The two swirl around a bit, which is all part of the fun.
- Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- To release, run warm water evenly across edges of pop molds until popsicles are just loose enough to slide out.
The cherry limeade mixture will make approximately 6 (3 oz) popsicles. If adding vanilla ice cream to swirl, up to 12 pops can be made.