Learn how to make this easy recipe for mini pizza bagels! I share instructions for homemade bagel dough too, making these bagel bites WAY better than store-bought.
Do you remember when I shared my recipe for easy 2 ingredient bagels?
Well one of the reasons I wanted to make that recipe, is because I wanted to make THIS recipe – pizza bagels!
I remember having homemade pizza bagels as a kid as a fun alternative to pizza night, and it’s something I wanted to share with my own kids too.
I’m so glad I did too, not only did my kids LOVE these pizza bagels, but they’re TOO easy not to make!
Homemade Pizza Bagels
But, ever since that first night that I made homemade pizza bagels, my kids have been BEGGING for these instead of traditional pizza!
I love homemade pizza bagels because:
- They’re ready REALY fast (under 10 minutes!)
- They are freezer-friendly.
- They’re fun!
- They taste AMAZING.
These would be perfect for a birthday party, where each kid could top their bagel bite however they wanted. How fun would that be?!
Ingredients for Pizza Bagels Recipe
I know you can buy bagel bites from Walmart (Thomas brand I think?), but homemade bagels are WAY better. Plus, you know exactly what’s in them!
Here’s what you need to make my bagel bite recipe:
- I highly recommend my 2 ingredient bagel recipe – easy, homemade, and ready in under 30 minutes!
- Pizza Sauce. My easy pizza sauce recipe, to the rescue!
- Mozzarella Cheese. Fresh or part-skim, your choice.
- Pepperoni (or other toppings)
We’re traditionalists when it comes to pizza, so we always go for pepperoni, but you can top the bagel bites with whatever toppings you want. Just make sure they’re small enough to fit on the bagel!
How to Make Pizza Bagels
These bagels come together so fast, your family is going to wonder what type of magic you had up your sleeve!
- Slice the bagels in half and top with pizza sauce.
- Add cheese and other desired toppings.
- Bake in the oven, then broil; serve warm!
What temp do you cook bagel bites?
I cook these at 400F and then broil to create golden spots on the melted cheese.
How long do you cook pizza bagels?
I’ve found that 5-8 minutes in the oven is perfect, with an optional 1-2 under the broiler.
Can you freeze bagel bites?
Yes! I’ve frozen them on a single layer on a baking sheet (I have these USA baking sheets) and then sandwiched together once they’re cool, and both methods worked great!
How do you reheat frozen bagel bites?
Preheat the oven to 400F and put the bagels on a single layer on a baking sheet (I have these USA baking sheets). Warm them for about 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is warmed through again.
What to Serve with Bagel Pizzas
For dessert, you can serve black bean browies,
Other Fun Dinner Ideas
- Easy Weeknight Stir Fry
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Easy Spaghetti-O’s
- Homemade Fish Sticks
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa Tacos
Five School Lunches in One HourSign up to get instant access to my 5 School Lunches in One Hour Meal Plan, complete with recipes and shopping list!
Easy Pizza Bagels
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Makes 12 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 6 bagels, halved (recipe below)
- 4–6 oz pizza sauce (my homemade pizza sauce)
- ½ – ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9 large pepperoni, cut into eighths
- Other Pizza Toppings (as desired)
Bagel Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 Egg, whisked (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Slice the bagels (instructions for homemade bagels below) in half, place on a baking sheet, and top each half with about 1-2 tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Add the cheese and pepperoni (or other toppings, as desired) and bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. If needed, turn the oven to broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Homemade Bagel Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 375. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt and the self-rising flour. Using your hands, mix the ingredients until you have a mostly smooth dough.
- Using a dough scraper or knife, divide the dough into four equal pieces. Lightly flour your working surface.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll the dough on the mat in a back and forth motion until you have a rope about 9” in length.
- Place the dough onto a baking sheet and shape into a bagel, wrapping each end over the other and tucking the ends underneath the bagel.
- Brush the top of the bagel with the egg (if desired).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.