Easy Pizza Bagels
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Makes 12 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 6 bagels, halved (recipe below)
- 4–6 oz pizza sauce (my homemade pizza sauce)
- ½ – ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9 large pepperoni, cut into eighths
- Other Pizza Toppings (as desired)
Bagel Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 Egg, whisked (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Slice the bagels (instructions for homemade bagels below) in half, place on a baking sheet, and top each half with about 1-2 tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Add the cheese and pepperoni (or other toppings, as desired) and bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. If needed, turn the oven to broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Homemade Bagel Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 375. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt and the self-rising flour. Using your hands, mix the ingredients until you have a mostly smooth dough.
- Using a dough scraper or knife, divide the dough into four equal pieces. Lightly flour your working surface.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll the dough on the mat in a back and forth motion until you have a rope about 9” in length.
- Place the dough onto a baking sheet and shape into a bagel, wrapping each end over the other and tucking the ends underneath the bagel.
- Brush the top of the bagel with the egg (if desired).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.