These quick and Easy Dinner Rolls come out super soft and fluffy. Made with 5 simple ingredients, they are healthy, versatile, and always freezer-friendly. Try serving with our delicious and easy minestrone soup for a perfect dinner the whole family will enjoy!
I think many of us agree that one of the best part about going out to eat at a steakhouse, is the bread basket they bring while you wait.
It’s no wonder – those rolls are light, fluffy, yeasty, and perfect when slathered with whipped honey butter.
My easy dinner rolls aren’t quite up to that caliber, but they ARE fluffy and yeasty and perfect for any dinner you make at home.
And most importantly, they’re EASY!
Easy Dinner Rolls
I don’t think I have to twist your arm in order to make you want to make dinner rolls, but here’s why THIS recipe in particular is one of our favorites:
- Super, super easy.
- FAST – they’re ready in just over an hour!
- 5 simple ingredients you probably already have
- Can be flavored too! Rosemary parmesan? Garlic cheddar? Done!
And if you’re new to yeast, this is a great recipe to start with. It’s almost as easy as my no-knead artisan bread, but it’s ready much quicker!
Ingredients for the Best Dinner Roll Recipe
As I mentioned, you only need 5 simple ingredients for what I think is the best dinner roll recipe:
- Warm water
- Olive oil
- Flour (all-purpose or whole grain)
How to Make Quick Dinner Rolls
You can have homemade bread on your table in just over an hour with three basic steps:
- Bloom the yeast in the water and add the remaining ingredients.
- Let the dough rise, then shape into rolls.
- Bake and serve warm, preferably with lots of butter!
How do you make dinner rolls rise faster?
Two keys to a fast rising dough is using active yeast (meaning, it makes beer-foam-like bubbles when combined with warm water) and a warm rise environment. On top of the stove with the oven on is a great place for dough to rise!
What is the best way to freeze bread?
Or better yet – can you freeze these dinner rolls? The short answer is yes, and my complete guide to freezing bread is super helpful for that.
I personally have found best results when I bake bread FIRST, and then freeze. The rises are better, the crumb is better, and all in all, they just taste better.
How do you freeze yeast rolls?
To freeze baked rolls, simply place them in a freezer-safe container. However, I like to use gallon-size freezer bags because they’re so versatile. I just pop them in the bag and put the bag in the freezer!
How do you heat dinner rolls?
To thaw and heat frozen dinner rolls, just let them come to room temperature. It’s best if this is done naturally, as opposed to forcing it with a microwave. I like to pull out any frozen bread the night before or the morning of – whenever I’m pulling out anything else from the freezer that I need for dinner – and let them come to room temperature on their own.
If you want slightly warm rolls, you can place them in an oven preheated to 250F for 5-10 minutes.
Other Easy Bread Recipes
- No-Knead Einkorn Sourdough Bread
- Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
- The Best White Sandwich Bread
- 90 Minute Man Bread
- Easy & Delicious Soaked Whole Wheat Bread
Watch How to Make Easy Dinner Rolls
Easy Dinner Rolls
- Prep Time: 90 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp warm water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine yeast and water in a bowl and allow to bloom.
- Add remaining ingredients and knead (by hand or using a mixer) until all of the little pieces of dough have been picked up from the sides of the bowl, plus three minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rise in a warm spot for one hour.
- Pour out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a log shape and cut dough into eight equal pieces.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Using your hands, form each piece into a round and place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Cover the dough with a towel and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake rolls for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.