Eat Well, For Less!

and receive a free eBook and budgeting
printables to help you on your real food journey!

1. Terri says

Yum! Can’t wait to try this. I have also found that mixing the cinnamon into coffee grounds before brewing works but can really vary the cinnamon taste

2. Jen says

This recipe sounds great, and I’ll definitely try it! However, having worked at Starbucks, I can tell you the “Dolce” part is brown sugar flavor. If anyone is having trouble with the maple aspect of it not tasting right, I’d suggest trying brown sugar.

Also, you’re right – Cinnamon Dolce was introduced as a seasonal flavor, but I think it was an after-Christmas one. One Starbucks flavor I’d love to see is the Honey Latte they had once upon a time!

I’ve seen brown sugar is other dolce recipes, but maple syrup is definitely more natural. Maybe a raw demera sugar, or making a better brown sugar with coconut sugar and molasses would be good… Mmm!! Honey latte? I haven’t heard of that one, but I’m interested!

• Jen says

I think the honey one may have just been a one-time thing. It might not have been successful enough for them to run it again. I absolutely try to do as natural as I can, but I am happy enough with my organic brown sugar when I do use brown sugar. It’s definitely not the same as “regular” brown sugar.

Hi Tiffany! Regular syrup will work in a pinch, but it’s much sweeter than pure maple syrup. Add to taste!

3. Jennifer says

When I poured the cinnamon water into the jar there was a blob of cinnamon at the bottom of the pan. Do I add that to the water or toss it? I whisked most of the time it was on so I hope I didn’t mess up somehow? Thanks I’m so happy to have found this. I will be sharing.

It’s best to keep as much of that cinnamon that you can, but no worries if it didn’t make it all in. Shake well before using and it’ll be great!