These Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are SO easy, and are made with less & healthier sugar. Freezer friendly & perfect for the whole family! Serve for the holidays alongside Homemade Einkorn Biscotti and Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole.
When I think about chocolate chip cookies, my first thought is to not ruin a good thing.
But then when I think of all the possibilities, like…
- Dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet
- Peanut butter chips AND/OR chocolate chips
- A tablespoon of cocoa added to the dough
I simply cannot resist!
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Last holiday season I saw a TONS of different bags of baking chips on the store shelf…
- Bailey’s Irish cream
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Peppermint-filled chips
- Sea salt caramel
- Heath Bar bits & pieces
… and these all sound good to me, but there’s something about white chocolate chips and cranberries that was calling my name!
And coincidentally, that’s what I had in my pantry, LOL!
These white chocolate chip and cranberry cookies are everything you’ve grown to love about my own healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- Easy to make
- Less sugar
- Better sugar
- no cookie guilt
- the family LOVES them
- freezer friendly!
The only swap we’ve made is changing the dark chocolate chips for white chocolate chips and added dried cranberries!
Here’s what you need to make white chocolate chip cookies with cranberries.
Note that they’re mostly pantry staples, and they’re made WITHOUT brown sugar!
How to Make White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Combine all of your wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix JUST until combined.
- CHILL FOR 30 MINUTES.
- Scoop, bake and enjoy!
What is the secret to making chewy cookies?
In this recipe, adding a little bit of cornstarch helps to make our cookies super soft and chewy. It’s optional, but I really like how it prevents cookies from breaking into crumbs!
Tips for Tasty White Chip Cookies
I’ve made this recipe no less than a million times, and I wanted to share some tips to help make these successful for you as well.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes. This is mandatory for this recipe and cannot be skipped! Please make sure you plan accordingly.
- Use a cookie scoop. I absolutely LOVE this cookie scoop because it
makes all of my cookies the same size. Plus the kids don’t argue over who gets the bigger cookie!!
- Use a silpat mat for baking. This helps to distribute the heat among the bottom of the cookies, preventing burned bottoms and edges.
Other Easy Cookie Recipes
- Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese frosting
- Molasses Breakfast Cookies
- Chewy Gingersnap Cookies
Hands-Free CookingLearn the secrets to getting dinner done faster by hacking your kitchen appliances, plus 30+ recipes to fuel your family!
Cranberry White Chocolate
These Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are SO easy to make and are made with less & healthier sugar. Freezer friendly & perfect for the whole family!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minute
- Yield: 13 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Cream 6 Tbsp of butter + 1/3 cup of sugar for one full minute.
- Add 1 egg and 1 tsp of vanilla. Mix until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp of cornstarch, 1/2 tsp of baking soda, 1/4 tsp of salt then mix JUST until combined.
- Mix in 4 Tbsp of white chocolate chips and 4 Tbsp of dried cranberries using a spatula.
- Chill the dough for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets (I have these) with parchment paper or with a re-usable Silpat mat.
- Measure 2 Tbsp cookie dough (I use 2 scoops using this cookie scoop). Or you can roll into a ball (optional). Place 2″ apart on the mat.
- Bake for 10-12 min, or until the edges are JUST golden in color
- Cool on the pan for 10 min before cooling on a rack completely.