Feeling like you need a little detox? This apple cider vinegar detox elixir is an easy way to improve your health and cleanse from the inside out! Similar to kombucha, drink daily to increase your energy and improve digestion!
This apple cider vinegar detox drink is a great way to help cleanse your system!
Apple cider vinegar is very helpful for the digestive system. Plus, it can help with other areas of your body!
This homemade apple cider vinegar detox elixir is made from simple ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
According to this article, here are some of the many health benefits:
- losing weight
- assisting with blood glucose and blood sugar levels
- benefiting heart health
- reducing high cholesterol
- boosting metabolism
- flushing toxins
- reducing bloating
- boosting the immune system
- helping with acid reflux
Here’s What You Need
You ONLY need 5 easy to find ingredients!
- Apple Cider Vinegar. It naturally balances your body’s pH and blood sugar levels. Similar to kombucha, it has many enzymes and acts as a probiotic, improving gut health. It also aids in detoxing the liver and lymphatic system.
- Lemon. This fruit is well known for its cleansing properties and its ability to help with weight loss.. It has a high mineral content and multiple vitamins like Vitamin C and folate which help balance your pH and nourish your body.
- Raw Honey. This honey has several immune boosting benefits. It has enzymes, vitamins, and minerals that will nourish the body as you detox. The bonus benefit of honey for this elixir is its sweet taste, which makes it go down much smoother.
- Ginger. Ginger has long been a traditional remedy for digestive issues. Along with its anti-inflammatory properties, Ginger will give your gut a strong health boost. Here’s how to freeze ginger so you always have some on hand!
- Cayenne Pepper. It is found to be a natural fat burner and has anti-inflammatory effects. Both of those aspects are helpful in detoxing the body.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Mix ingredients in a glass or small jar.
Step 2. Add about an ounce of warm water.
Drink all at once before eating in the morning.
- Use warm water to make it easier to drink and help melt the honey.
- This recipe makes a shot of elixir. However, if you prefer to sip and like the flavors, fill your glass with water and enjoy!
- Make a triple batch that lasts a few days. Prepping it ahead makes it readily available to drink it consistently. Mix it in a mason jar (like this one) and store it in the refrigerator. Shake well before pouring a serving.
- Don’t be afraid of the cayenne pepper. It goes down quick!
- Local raw honey gives you the best benefits, especially if you suffer from seasonal allergies. Check out your farmer’s market for the best prices. If you can’t find it local try Amazon.
In my personal experience, I have felt dizziness and fatigue when doing a detox. This happened when I drank a bentonite clay detox smoothie AND a detox bath on the same day.
A detox can deplete the body with needed minerals. It’s best to take it slow and pair it with a healthy diet to keep your nutrients in balance.
That being said, you could feel the detox if you take too much at one time or try multiple detox methods at the same time.
Before starting any type of detox for health benefits, you should check with your doctor and seek professional medical advice.
Fresh is best, but bottled works if that’s what you have!
In lieu of apple cider vinegar, I wouldn’t recommend it.
More Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar
- Facial Toning: Mix 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar with 1 – 3/4 cup water. I use this after using this natural make-up remover.
- Manage Seasonal Allergies: Similar to treating a sinus infection with apple cider vinegar, mix 1 tsp with 2-3 Tbsp water, gargle for 30 seconds and swallow. Repeat twice daily, or up to four times for more severe allergies.
- Rid Croup: My son had a strange cough that included no other symptoms. We waited for a week to see if the cough would go away, but it didn’t. It was harsh, loud and often. We gave him the same remedy as the sinus infection and his cough had reduced significantly within one day and was completely gone within three.
- Remove Moles: I know this sounds crazy, but it really works! You can read how my husband removed a mole from the side of his face using ACV.
- Bug Repellent: I have recipes to make bug repellent with essential oils and bug repellent without essential oils. Yet, some readers have even suggested that drinking just 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar on a daily basis has kept bugs away too!
- Homemade Conditioner: Just 1 tablespoon of ACV and warm water can replace your typical conditioner. Not only does it work, but this will save you TONS of money too! Read the full tutorial on homemade conditioner here.
- Drinking in the morning will allow you to absorb the nutrients quickly and get your digestive system moving.
- Take this before every meal for a few weeks to jump-start your system on a detox. Then, cut back to just before breakfast.
More Detox Recipes
- How to Detox Your Armpits
- How to Take The Ultimate Detox Bath
- Simple DIY Detox Face Mask With Charcoal and Clay
- DIY Detoxifying Salt Scrub and Exfoliating Body Wash
5 Days to DIY Natural LivingBeing healthy isn’t just what goes IN your body, it’s what goes ON your body too. Download my free guide 5 Days to DIY Natural Living to learn how to save money while getting rid of harmful toxins throughout your home.
Watch How to Make Simple Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Elixir
Simple Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Elixir
An apple cider vinegar detox elixir to drink daily to improve digestion & increase energy. An easy way to improve your health from the inside out!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 oz 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1–2 wedges)
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- Dash cayenne pepper (seriously just a dash!)
- Mix ingredients in a glass or small jar and add about an ounce of warm water. Drink all at once before eating in the morning.
- Calories: 36
Keywords: apple cider vinegar detox