The holidays are here, so let’s compare store-bought eggnog vs homemade eggnog! Try my own recipe. Pairs perfectly with healthy sugar cookies or a slice of warm apple slab pie.
1. First, blend the yolks of the egg and honey in a blender. Do this until it is creamy and light.
2. Combine the milk and nutmeg in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Then, add a tablespoon of the hot milk to the egg yolk mixture, and consistently stir.
4. Once a majority of the hot milk has been added to the egg mixture, pour it back into the saucepan.
5. Stir vigorously until the mixture is slightly thickened. Remove the saucepan from the stove and stir in the vanilla.
6. Pour half of the mixture (1/4 cup at a time) through a strainer and into a container with an airtight lid. (I use my blender). Refrigerate until it has chilled.
7. Finally, once it’s chilled you can serve it with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Keywords: homemade eggnog, easy eggnog recipe
Find it online: https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/food-wars-eggnog/