Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Easy recipe for the best healthy homemade pumpkin pie made with homemade pie crust. The filling is made with fresh pumpkin puree and homemade pumpkin pie spice.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 1 pie 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold and cubed
- 2–3 Tbsp milk
- 3 eggs
- 15 oz canned pumpkin (or homemade pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned, full fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp homemade pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 425F
Prepare homemade pie crust.
- Combine flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time JUST until the mixture comes together to form a ball.
- Breaking off a piece about the size of a golf ball, pat the crust into the bottom and sides of a pie pan.
- Prick the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork and bake for 2 min.
Prepare pumpkin pie filling.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- When the pie crust is pre-baked, pour the filling into the crust and bake at 425F for 15 min
- reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for 50-60 min, or until the crust is brown and the center of the pie is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from the oven to cool completely, at least 2 hours. The pie will firm up as it cools.
- Refrigerate, or serve as desired!
Keywords: homemade pumpkin pie