Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
This easy recipe for healthy chocolate chip cookies is low in sugar, uses whole grains, and is vegan-friendly! Makes irresistible chewy and crispy cookies! Don’t forget to try my healthy no bake cookies.
- Author: Tiffany
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 13 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Cream butter + sugar for one full minute.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and mix JUST until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips by hand using a spatula.
- Chill the dough for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets (I have these) with parchment paper or with a re-usable Silpat mat.
- Measure 2 Tbsp cookie dough (I use 2 scoops using this cookie scoop). Or you can roll into a ball (optional). Place 2″ apart on the mat.
- Bake for 10-12 min, or until the edges are JUST golden in color
- Cool on the pan for 10 min before cooling on a rack completely.
- Swap out the butter for room temperature coconut oil (not melted), but use one less Tbsp of coconut oil than butter.
- Substitute the eggs for flax eggs. You will want to use ground flaxseeds (1 Tbsp = 1 egg) mixed with warm water. The ratio is 3 Tbsp of warm water, per Tbsp of ground flaxseeds. I usually mix my ground flaxseed and warm water in a small dish and set it aside to gel for about 5-7 mins, while I prep the other ingredients. Give it a stir, it will have the gel-like consistency of an egg.
- Note: You MUST refrigerate the dough for 2 hours before baking – or the cookies will not set properly. You can also refrigerate overnight and bake the next day.
- Remember that not all chocolate chips are vegan-friendly. A great vegan-friendly brand to use is Enjoy Life. I get them here.
Keywords: healthy chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies healthy