- Place almonds and salt in a quart jar. Fill to the top with filtered water, cover with the lid and swirl to dissolve the salt.
- Let the jar sit on the counter at least 7 hours, or overnight.
- Drain the almonds from the jar and place in a single layer on a dehydrator tray or cookie sheet. Allow approximately 1 cup of almonds per tray. (This can be adjusted according to the size of your own trays the next time you make the recipe).
- Dehydrate at approximately 95 degrees for 12-24 hours, testing every few hours after the 12 hour mark. (Mine took a full 24 hours.)
- To dry in the oven, set the oven temperature to no warmer than 150 degrees and dry for 12-24 hours, again testing every few hours past the 12 hour mark. Store the nuts in a container with a lid.