Spring Vegetable Pasta Salad
This 30-minute recipe for Spring vegetable pasta salad is easy to make! Use veggies like asparagus & peas, make this vegan, or add bacon. Serve hot or cold!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Soup & Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz bacon, cut into 1/2–1” strips
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 cups chicken stock/broth (homemade if you can)
- 8 oz dry penne or other small pasta
- 1 1/2 cup frozen English peas
- Tips from 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1/2 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Add the pressed garlic to the pan hot bacon drippings and cook, stirring often, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the dry pasta. Reduce heat to low-medium, cover skillet, and cook until al dente (8-10 min).
- Add the frozen peas and asparagus tips. Cook for a few minutes until both are bright green and al dente.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Gently stir in sour cream and cooked bacon. Season with additional sea salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with grated Parmesan just before serving.
This make ahead pasta salad can be served hot or cold and serves 4 as a light main dish, or 8 as a side dish.
Recipe adapted from Taste and Tell