Easiest Mississippi Pot Roast (just 4 ingredients)
This Mississippi pot roast recipe is so easy and made with only 4 ingredients! Dump everything into your crockpot and enjoy hands-free cooking. This juicy roast is bursting with flavor and goes perfectly with Instant Pot mashed potatoes and pan-roasted broccoli.
- Author: Tiffany
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 hours
- Total Time: 10 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 3–4 lbs Chuck Roast
- Packet of Dry Ranch Dressing Mix (or use 1/4 cup homemade ranch seasoning)
- Packet of Au Jus Gravy Mix (easy substitute is in the actual recipe below)
- Jar of Pepperoncini Peppers
- Place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the two packets of seasoning over the roast (for homemade Au Jus, just substitute 2 Tbsp granulated onion and 2 Tbsp cornstarch for the au jus packet).
- Sprinkle the pepperoncini peppers over the roast – there’s no need to stir.
- Cook on LOW for 10 hours.
- Shred the beef with two forks and serve!
- For homemade Au Jus, just substitute 2 Tbsp granulated onion and 2 Tbsp cornstarch for the au jus packet.
- You do NOT need to saute the roast over medium-high heat in olive oil first, nor do you need to add a cup of beef broth to the slow cooker. Add just the meat – the slow cooker will create the juice for you!
- You can use whole pepperoncini or sliced pepperoncinis. I prefer sliced, that way you get little pieces of pepper in every bite!
Keywords: Mississippi pot roast