Very Little Bother Oat Bread
This Very Little Bother Oat Bread recipe will give you the most delicious, tasty, moist, and fluffy bread you’ve ever experienced! Easy recipe novice bakers.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 35 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours, 5 mins
- Yield: 2 loaves 1x
- Category: Breads
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine yeast, water, and sugar and let sit until foamy. Add salt, oil, oat flour, 3 cups bread flour and vital wheat gluten. Mix until a sticky dough forms. Gradually add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is slightly sticky but thick.
- Cover bowl with a towel and set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes; punch down.
- Cover bowl and let rise again for 30 minutes; punch down.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On the work surface, split the dough and shape it into two loaves. Place the loaves seam down into lightly greased loaf pans. Cover pans with a towel and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before slicing (if you can!).
** If you’re using modern wheat (whole wheat, bread flour, or all-purpose flour), increase the water to 2 ¼ cups. You may also need to increase the flour to up to 5 cups.