Tomato Basil Soup
Easy, Healthy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe. So simple and so satisfying. Serve with homemade rosemary olive oil bread and freshly shaved Parmesan cheese to “dine out” at home.
- Author: Tiffany
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10 cups 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cans of Cento Italian Tomatoes (approx 70 ounces)**
- 2 quarts homemade chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil (approx 1 cup loosely packed leaves)
- 1/2 cup half & half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- In a large 5-6 quart capacity pot, melt 3 Tbsp butter over medium heat and add onions; cook until translucent, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add 6 chopped garlic cloves and cook for 3-4 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add 2 cans of tomatoes + 2 quarts homemade stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add basil, tearing the leaves and stems (if using) as you go. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Turn off the heat and add cream while stirring. Serve with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese to taste.
Keywords: Tomato Basil Soup