Balsamic Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Juicy, fall apart, tender beef cooks all day in this balsamic beef roast for slow cooker recipe that is packed with savory flavor and perfect for weekdays on the go!
- Author: Tiffany
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 hours
- Total Time: 10 hours
- Yield: 8-12 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 3–4 lb chuck roast
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4–1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- Place the beef roast in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour the balsamic vinegar over the pot roast and sprinkle the seasonings evenly over the meat.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, preferably 10.
- When the meat is done, shred it using two forks and stir it back into the juices. Serve hot, adding additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Beef Roast. I’ve tried nearly every cut of beef roast in the slow cooker and chuck roast turns out the best every time. Bottom round roast is a good substitute if you prefer leaner meat.
- Vinegar. There is no substitute for the balsamic vinegar (hence the name of the recipe). If you’re not a fan of the flavor, I suggest my Traditional Slow Cooker Pot Roast, which is equally delicious!
- Crushed Red Pepper. This is entirely optional, but the heat plays nicely with the slightly sweet balsamic vinegar.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 370
Keywords: Beef Roast for Slow Cooker, Beef Pot Roast, Slow Cooker Pot Roast