Kale Salad with Blueberries, Walnuts, and Feta
An easy recipe for kale salad made with massaged raw kale, blueberries, walnuts, feta, & balsamic vinaigrette. Serve with oven-roasted chicken or slow cooker chicken as is – great for summer or any season!
- Author: Tiffany
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 as a main meal. 1x
- Category: Soup & Salad
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: American
- 1 batch Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe below)
- 1 lb kale, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup green beans, steamed
- 2–4 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Prepare the salad dressing by combining the ingredients in a jar and shaking well.
- Place the kale into a large bowl and pour the dressing over the kale. Using your hands, massage the dressing into the kale for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with the blueberries, walnuts, green beans, and feta and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately, or as desired.
- Massaged kale salad (massaging the dressing into the kale leaves) is key to the kale not being bitter. You can do this early in the day, or whenever you start getting dinner ready. Just make sure to use your hands and massage; tossing the kale with the dressing isn’t good enough.
- Leftovers are just as good! Thanks to the hearty kale, it won’t be super soggy the next day. (Softer, yes, but not soggy.)
- Use whatever produce is in season. Strawberries, peaches, grapes, apples… almost anything will work here.
- I like to serve this kale salad with chicken on the side, but it is also great as a vegetarian meal!
Keywords: kale salad, best kale salad, kale salad ideas, kale salad healthy