Crash Hot Sweet Potatoes
Crash Hot Sweet Potatoes is our favorite smashed sweet potato recipe, perfect for the whole family! They’re delicious, easy, crispy & frugal! Pairs perfectly with Almond Crusted Baked Chicken.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2lbs sweet potatoes, as small as you can find
- 2–3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1–2 tsp salt
- 1–2 tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot filled halfway with water to a boil. Boil the sweet potatoes until they are soft and you can easily stick a fork in them.
- Place the cooked potatoes on a towel, allowing them to cool to the touch and dry.
- Baste one side of the potato with olive oil.
- Flip the potatoes (olive oil side down) and make a few slits in them with a knife.
- Smash the potatoes with a fork. Allow them to sit on the towel for 2-3 minutes (eliminating the excess moisture).
- Transfer smashed potatoes to cookie sheet.
- Baste with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 450F for 40-45 minutes.
Keywords: Crash Hot Sweet Potatoes