* If you don’t have this flour, you may substitute any type of flour you have on hand.
- Do not substitute granulated sugar for the honey. This dough needs the extra moisture from the honey, otherwise they will crumble as you roll your ropes.
- Do not skip the parchment paper brushed with oil. After three batches of pretzels that stuck like mad to a very well seasoned cookie sheet, this was the only method that worked for no-stick pretzels.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- These recipes are best right out of the oven, but for future enjoyment, consider freezing individually and reheating in an oven or toaster oven.