Chocolate Chip Scones (gluten-free option)
Seriously the best recipe on the planet for chocolate chip scones. These chocolate chip scones are super easy, slightly sweet and very addicting! You can also make them gluten-free or mini!
- Author: Tiffany
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 16 scones 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl (using your hands, two knives or a pastry blender), or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, heavy cream and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until the ingredients start to come together. The mixture should be dry, but not crumbly, so add 1-2 tsp of cream if necessary.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix just a few times until they are evenly distributed.
- On a silpat mat or a floured surface, shape the dough into a log.
- With your hands, flatten the log into a circle that is about 1 and 1/2 inches thick. Cut the circle in half and then each half into four or five wedges, depending on how big you like your scones.
- Place each scone on a baking sheet about 2″ apart and bake for 18-22 minutes until the bottoms start to turn golden brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool and try your best not to scarf them down before the family shows up.
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 420
Keywords: chocolate chip scones, homemade chocolate chip scones, chocolate chip scones gluten free