Mini Chocolate Chip Scones (gluten-free)
Seriously the best recipe on the planet for chocolate chip scones. These chocolate chip scones are gluten-free, slightly sweet, and very addicting!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 scones 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl (using your hands, two knives or a pastry blender), or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, heavy cream and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until the ingredients start to come together. The mixture should be dry, but not crumbly, so add 1-2 tsp of cream if necessary.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix just a few times until they are evenly distributed.
- On a silpat mat or a floured surface, shape the dough into a log. Cut the dough into two pieces.
- Set one piece aside and with your hands, flatten one piece into a circle that’s about 6″ in diameter and about 1/2″ thick. Using a long, sharp knife, cut the circle into quarters, and then each quarter in half so you have 8 small triangle-ish pieces.
- Repeat this step with the second piece of dough.
- Place each scone on a baking sheet about 2″ apart and bake for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms start to turn golden brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool and try your best not to scarf them down before the family shows up.
* If you don’t have mini chocolate chips, use regular chocolate chips. Just give them a quick rough chop on the cutting board first.