15 Minute Kung Pao Chicken with Vegetables
Better than Chinese takeout, Kung Pao Chicken with vegetables is easy to make and ready in just 15 minutes. Plus it’s made with ingredients you have in the pantry! Serve with Instant Pot white rice!
- Author: Tiffany
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Main meals
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves (or 2 tsp granulated garlic)
- 1” fresh ginger (or 1 tsp granulated ginger)
- 2 green onions
- 1–2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1–16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables (I used Birds Eye)
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
Kung Pao Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp granulated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (how to make apple cider vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce or oyster sauce (optional, but VERY good!)
- prepared white rice, for serving
- If you’re serving this over rice, go ahead and start the rice. Prepare according to package directions. I like to make Instant Pot white rice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium high heat, in a wok or in a large skillet.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients together in a large measuring glass or in a small bowl.
- On a large cutting board, finely chop the fresh garlic and fresh ginger, if using. Slice the white and light green parts of the green onions.
- Dice the chicken.
- Add the chicken and the prepped garlic, ginger and onions to the skillet. Stir every 10-15 seconds or and cook until most of the chicken has a golden sear on it, about 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen vegetables, peanuts, granulated garlic and ginger (if you didn’t use fresh) and stir well to combine.
- Let the chicken and vegetables cook for about 4 minutes, stirring about once a minute.
- Whisk the sauce and add it all at once. Let the sauce come to a boil and cook for about one minute. Turn the heat down to low and the sauce will thicken up.
- Serve with rice.
Keywords: Kung Pao Chicken