Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
Instant Pot honey garlic chicken recipe is ready in 30 minutes! Use thighs or breasts and serve with rice and veggies for a healthy, fast weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)*
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (I use liquid aminos)
- 3 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriacha
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 Tbsp water
- Cut the chicken into 1″ pieces and place in the Instant Pot (or pressure cooker).
- Add the remaining ingredients – except the cornstarch and water – to the Instant Pot. Use a spoon to stir well.
- Close the Instant Pot and turn the vent knob to “seal.”
- Cook on “high” for 7 minutes. When the timer goes off, release the pressure by turning the venting knob to “venting.” Be careful – hot steam will come out!
- Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch and water together in a small mug (or reuse the glass measuring cup from making the sauce).
- When the pressure is fully released, remove the lid and set aside.
- Press the “saute” button. When the liquid begins to bubble, add the cornstarch slurry and stir well to incorporate.
- Let it cook for about 1-2 minutes, and then press “cancel” to turn the Instant Pot off. The sauce will continue to thicken slightly as it cools.
- Serve with rice and vegetables, or however else you’d like! (I like sprinkling sesame seeds on too!)
* If you use chicken breasts, reduce the cooking time by one minute.