Creamy Homemade Guacamole for Cinco De Mayo (+ the best way to keep it green!)
- Yield: about 2 cups 1x
- 2 very large or 4 small Hass Avocados
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- Juice of 1 small lime
- heaping 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion, plus more for garnish if desired
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish if desired
- Remove skin and pits from avocados and place in mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash them to desired consistency (we like ours pretty chunky).
- Stir in sour cream.
- Add remaining ingredients, folding to mix.
- Serve immediately with additional red onion and cilantro for garnish.
- To store, cover guacamole with 1/4″ water, cover and place in refrigerator for a day or more. To serve, simply pour the water off and give it a good stir!
- Enjoy your homemade guacamole