Asian Mason Jar Rice Salad with Miso Dressing
- 1 cup rice, cooked according to directions
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges in 100% fruit juice, drained
- 1 15 oz can pineapple chunks in 100% fruit juice, drained
- 1 stalk of green onions, sliced
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups fresh stir fry vegetable mix (or equivalent in chopped broccoli florets and carrots.
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 6 mason 1 quart mason jars
- Cook rice according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make the vinaigrette by tossing mixing together the miso, vinegar, ginger, honey, oil, sesame seeds and lime juice.
- Toss the rice with the vinaigrette and divide between the 6 mason jars.
- Evenly distribute the fruit between the jars, followed my the cabbage, chopped veggies (or stir fry blend), finished with the green onions. Place caps on the mason jars and refrigerate until ready to serve or pack up for an outing.