Greek Pasta Salad
Simple and delicious Greek pasta salad with homemade Greek salad dressing. The perfect dish to bring to a pot luck, picnic or when you don’t want to spend all day cooking!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Soup & Salad
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: Greek
- 12 oz favorite pasta (elbows, penne, wagon wheels, bow-ties, etc.)
- 1 cucumber – peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if extra large
- 1 1/2 cup olives, halved (Kalamata taste best, but black olives will work too)
- 8 oz feta cheese
Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup and 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil,
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup and 2 tsp red wine vinegar (you can substitute up to half white vinegar without altering the taste)
- Mix ingredients for dressing in a jar or bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine chopped cucumber, tomato halves and olive halves in a large bowl with the prepared Greek Dressing. Add cooled pasta and stir to combine flavors well.
- Add feta cheese when the pasta is completely cooled. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This dish can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator covered. Add cheese prior to serving.
* Tip: If you’re using Kalamata olives, reserve the liquid and use in place of the red wine vinegar for extra flavor.