When my husband and were flat broke (as in, six-figures-worth-of-debt-broke), we didn’t buy ANYTHING that wasn’t 100% necessary.
It didn’t matter if it was “only $5” or “the best deal we’ve ever seen”… we simply didn’t have the money to spend!
Over several years, we used our grocery budget to pay off that debt and to pay cash for a house. And even though we have more wiggle room in our budget now (not having a mortgage will do that for you!), we’re still very conscientious about how we spend our money.
I could honestly spend all day, and several paychecks, inside Williams Sonoma. I have to reign myself in when it comes to all the fun kitchen things!!
Because of this, I have two rules when it comes to buying kitchen tools:
- They have to serve more than one purpose.
- They have to withstand the test of time.
Rule number one means I can’t buy something that only does one thing… so unless you can think of a different way to use a cherry pitter or a strawberry huller, both of those are off my list.
A cookie scoop can be used for making meatballs AND cookies (and donuts!), so that is okay (and it’s why I own TWO!).
Rule number two means it can’t be a fad. That’s why I waited THREE YEARS to buy my Instant Pot… I wanted to wait to make sure it just wasn’t the latest trend.
I get the majority of my kitchen tools from Amazon for a few reasons:
- I have Amazon Prime, so I get free 2-day shipping.**
- I can read all the reviews – both good and bad – on all the different brands and versions of the tools.
- If I don’t like it, I can usually return it without an issue. (I do read the seller’s return policy before buying, just in case.)
** You can try Amazon Prime for FREE for 30 days and get free 2-day shipping too!! Just click HERE to get started.
Amazon Prime Day is next week – Monday, July 15th and Tuesday, July 16th – and it’s like Black Friday in July. There are TONS of great deals to be had, and I wanted to share with you the fun (but not necessary) kitchen tools that have made the short list of Crumbs-approved!
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer (we used gift cards from our wedding to pay for this)
- Blendtec High Powered Blender
- Mockmill Grain Mill
- Instant Pot
- Slow Cooker
- USA 1 ½ Pound Loaf Pan
- USA 1 Pound Loaf Pan
- USA Warp Resistant Steel Bakeware Set
- Immersion Blender
- Instant Pot Steamer Basket
- Planet Box Stainless Steel Lunchboxes
- Camelbak Waterbottle, Kids
- Camelbak Waterbottle, Adults
- Waffle Maker
- Cast Iron Skillet
- KitchenAid Flex-edge Beater
- Popsicle Molds
- Wooden Popsicle Sticks
- Baggie Holders
- ¼ Cup Cookie Scoop
- 1 ½ Tbsp Cookie Scoop
- Silicone Muffin Liners
- Gummy Bear Molds
- Silpat Mats
- Cooling Rack
And there you have it – that’s pretty much everything I own in my kitchen, LOL!!
Do you have any must-have kitchen tools that aren’t on my list? Hit “reply” and tell me what I missed, and why you love it!
PS – Remember that Amazon Prime Day is THIS COMING Monday and Tuesday!! There are TONS of good deals and if you’re an Amazon Prime member, you get free 2-day shipping! If you’re not currently a member, you can try Amazon Prime for 30 days for FREE through this link, that way you’re all set to go when the sales are live next week!