Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Main meals
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (equivalent to 1-15oz can, how to cook dry beans)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans (equivalent to 1-15oz can, how to cook dry beans)
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup homemade salsa (or just throw all of those ingredients in the slow-cooker)
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 lb. uncooked chicken (any pieces)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker* and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over rice, homemade cornbread or with homemade tortillas.
* I have this 6-quart slow cooker and this recipe fits with room to spare. I don’t recommend using a slow cooker any smaller than 4 quarts.
Keywords: Slow cooker salsa chicken