Classic All-purpose Slow Cooker Chicken
Skip the oven this summer and make slow cooker chicken instead. Perfectly moist chicken that lasts us 4-7 meals without heating up the kitchen.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- Total Time: 6-8 hours
- Yield: 2 whole chickens 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 whole chickens
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Remove the innards/giblets from the chicken and set aside for chicken stock. Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Place both chickens inside a large slow cooker and sprinkle all the seasonings on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks, or with tongs and a fork.
I can fit two chickens in my 6 quart oval slow cooker. If your slow cooker is smaller, use just one chicken and halve the spices.