No Yeast Bread
Easy and simple homemade no yeast bread recipe. You only need 5 simple ingredients and the flour of your choice! Made without yeast or eggs.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: Breads
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups flour (any kind)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups water (reduce to 1 cup if using einkorn)**
- 1 Tbsp liquid oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together using a whisk. Add the wet ingredients and knead until the dough is relatively smooth, adding additional flour if needed.
- Lightly flour the counter or a Silpat mat and shape the dough into a round that is 1 ½” thick. Cut a large ‘X’ in the top of the dough that is ¾” deep.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the dough sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
** Einkorn flour absorbs liquid more slowly. Reduce the liquid to 1 cup if you’re using einkorn flour.