Lemon Butter Asparagus
Try this quick and easy recipe for Lemon Butter Asparagus. It’s versatile enough to enjoy fresh all Spring with just about any meal imaginable!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Sautee
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1lb asparagus, trimmed (see below)
- half of one lemon, squeezed for juice OR 1-2 Tbsp bottled lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In a pan large enough to hold most of the asparagus in a single layer (I recommend this 12” cast iron skillet), melt butter over medium heat, spreading it around the bottom of the pan to coat.
- Place asparagus in the pan and cover. Cook for approximately five minutes, stirring or shaking the pan every couple minutes to cook evenly. Asparagus is done when it is fork tender and bright green.
- Squeeze the lemon over the asparagus OR pour over 1 Tbsp of bottled lemon juice. Taste, and add more lemon juice if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Keywords: lemon butter asparagus