Homemade Cranberry Orange Granola
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: approx 8 cups 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped (measured after chopping)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries OR 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp orange zest (about one orange)
- 5 Tbsp orange juice (about one orange)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white (optional, for making clusters)
- 3 Tbsp flour (optional, for making clusters)
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until all dry ingredients are fully moist.
- Spread mixture onto 1-2 cookie sheets and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip carefully (if making clusters) or stir and continue to bake, checking every 10-15 minutes to ensure the granola doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. The granola will crisp up as it cools.
- Store in a container with a lid.
Keywords: Cranberry orange granola