Healthier Candied Pecans
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 1 pound 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 egg white
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract (I used homemade)
- ½ tsp molasses (I used black strap molasses)
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar (I used Turbinado)
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- In a very large bowl, whisk together the egg white, vanilla extract and molasses until it’s frothy. Add the pecans and use a spatula to toss and thoroughly coat the nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add the sugar mixture to the pecans and again, use a spatula to toss and thoroughly coat the nuts with sugar.
- Place the nuts on a large cookie sheet in a mostly single layer (it’s okay if some are overlapping, but you don’t want huge mounds of nuts).
- Bake at 250F for 1 hour, turning and stirring the nuts every 15 minutes (use a timer so you don’t forget).
- Remove the nuts and set the pan on a cooling rack to cool. When the nuts have cooled completely, store in a container with a lid. Nuts are good for at least a week on the counter.