Weeknight Creamy Mushroom Pasta
This simple and healthy creamy mushroom pasta recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner. There’s no cream, naturally vegan, and packed with garlic & herbs! Pairs wonderfully with a side salad and no knead overnight artisan bread.
- Author: Tiffany
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb pasta (any variety)
- 2–4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 lbs mushrooms, quartered (I use brown cremini)
- ¾ cup cashews
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet OR a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, thyme, and sage, and cook until the onions start to become translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have cooked down by half. Add additional olive oil as necessary, scraping bits off the bottom of the pan as you go.
- When the pasta and mushrooms are done, combine the cashews, water, and pepper in a blender (I have this Blendtec) and blend until the sauce is creamy.
- Add the sauce to the mushrooms and stir well. Taste the mushrooms and sauce, adding additional seasoning and/or salt and pepper as desired.
- Either serve a la carte, or add the pasta to the mushrooms and stir well before serving.
- Best enjoyed warm, but leftovers are just as delicious!
- Place in an airtight container for up to three days.
Keywords: Mushroom pasta, cream sauce mushroom pasta, mushroom pasta recipe, mushroom pasta sauce