- Carrageenan. Causes causes inflammation throughout the body, which can lead to heart disease, diabetes, cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, rheumatoid arthritis and arteriosclerosis. Carrageenan is so effective at causing inflammation that it's used to test anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Acesulfame Potassium. An artificial sweetener that has produced lung, breast and organ tumors in rats, as well as forms of leukemia and chronic respiratory disease. Humans who have consumed acesulfame potassium over the long term may experience headaches, mental confusion, nausea, depression and damaging effects on the liver and kidneys.
- Potassium Bicarbonate. A salt not ordinarily used for human consumption and the key ingredients in fire extinguishers and in farming fungicides. If consumed in excess, it too can cause abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. If more potassium bicarbonate is consumed than the kidneys can eliminate, the hands or feet can become numb or tingly, muscles can become weak or the body can experience temporary paralysis.
A couple years ago I followed the popular P90X program and found myself stuck between a rock and a hard place. I had committed to completing the program – both exercise and diet – for a full 90 days, but I couldn’t in good conscience eat the food in the diet plan.
The eating plan wanted me to drink a protein shake at least once a day (sometimes twice), using a processed protein powder with the ingredients above and many more that I didn't recognize.
Instead of turning a blind eye to the ingredient label, I listened to my gut and set out to find a healthier way to create homemade protein shakes using real food instead.
My name is Tiffany and besides being an ordinary mom with 2 kids, holding a full-time career as CEO of an online business, I'm also a healthy living enthusiast, a blogger and the creator of the hugely successful meal plan membership Frugal Real Food Meal Plans.
This membership alone has helped thousands of men and women positively change their health. In fact, the same insights and methods found inside are the reasons why my husband and I are able to keep our grocery budget at $330 each month for our family of four.
However, the reason I wrote a book about making your own protein bars and protein smoothies is because I know there are other ways - much healthier ways - to increase your protein without having to rely on commercially processed powders and bars.
Protein Bars & Smoothies Made with Real Food
Every cell in the human body is made up of protein and the average person needs 50-80 grams of protein per day to be able to function properly.
Depending on your body type, if you're trying to improve your overall health or even if you're trying to build muscle, you may need more than 80 grams per day.
As a society, we've been conditioned to believe that it's not possible to eat that much protein in one day from food alone. That in order to build muscle, lose weight or maintain a healthy pregnancy we must supplement our daily diet with protein powders and/or bars.
This is not true.
It is entirely possible to increase the amount of protein you consume using real food alone.
As a society, we've also been conditioned to believe that processed protein powders and protein bars are healthy. That the scoops of low-fat, low-calorie, high-protein formulas designed to taste like chocolate - yet not actually contain chocolate - are healthy for your body.
This is not true either.
Some chemicals found in the convenient bars and scoops of powder have been scientifically proven to contribute to disease and illness. In fact, some of these chemicals are shown to cause permanent damage to the body.
But you don't have to take my word for it.
Read for yourself in this 190+ page book, written to help you:
- sort out the dangers of commercial protein powders and what to replace them with
- understand the importance of eating real foods and how it fuels your body
- give you easy to follow recipes and ideas on how to mix and match ingredients to find your favorite combinations
- feed you and your family quality, protein filled foods in an affordable way
- open your eyes to a new world of healthy foods that fuel your body naturally, so you don't have to rely on process protein powders or pre-formed protein bars in order to achieve your health goals.
- 6 nutritional charts with information on every bar and smoothie ingredient in the book
- 4 "at a glance" charts helping you decide which recipe to make, depending on how much protein you want to consume
- 30+ tips to help you make the perfect protein smoothie, every time
- 12 recipes showing you how to make ingredients you'd normally buy at the store, at home from scratch
- 9 ways to boost the protein of any smoothie, without changing the flavor
- a complete breakdown of what makes a protein smoothie creamy and balanced in taste and texture, time and time again
- a complete breakdown of what's inside a typical protein bar, so you can understand the "why" in creating your own perfect bar
There are no tricks to being healthy. The first step is always to change what you eat.
Start with one of the 28 high protein smoothie recipes that have each been tested by a panel of independent taste testers.
Use the tips for making a perfectly blended smoothie, even if you don't have a nice blender.
Or try one of the 17 protein bar recipes, designed to taste good and not fall apart when you toss one in your gym bag. Use the suggestions to ensure that every bar is perfectly portioned for your own personal protein goals.
Missing an ingredient? Use the substitution chart for a nutritional alternative.
Can't find an ingredient at a local store? There are plenty of ideas and suggestions for sourcing quality yet affordable ingredients for every single one of the 45 recipes in the book.
Getting healthy isn't complicated. It just takes one step - one change.
Go ahead - order now while you're still thinking about it!
I am confident that your life will be transformed with this eBook once you start reading what's inside. I have no doubt that you'll be able to make the changes to make you and your family healthier, one smoothie at a time.
Author of High Protein No Powder
PS - Don't put off your health until "someday" because "someday" will never come. Now is the time for you to take your health into your own hands, but don't do it alone!
Buy this eBook to get the know-how and recipes you need to make real food protein smoothies and bars. You'll be taking steps that will help you and your family live your best lives possible from now and decades to come.